1. This nomination will replace any previous lump sum death benet nominations you have made.
We will send you a conrmation letter after your death benet nomination details have been
2. Your nomination is not binding on the pension scheme. If for some reason the scheme does not
pay benets to someone you have named (for example, your nominee has died), we will pay the
benets to your personal representatives (the people who deal with your nancial matters after
3. You should make sure that you keep your death benet nomination(s) up to date. Your Annual
Benet Statement contains details of your death benet nominee(s).
4. An individual nomination will not be valid, if, at the time of your death:
• a nominee was your husband, wife or civil partner at the time you made your nomination and
your marriage or civil partnership has since ended; or
• a nominee has died; or
• a nominee was convicted of your murder or manslaughter.
5. If you get divorced or your civil partnership is dissolved and your nominee was your spouse or civil
partner, your death benet nomination for them will become invalid. In this instance, if you wish to
nominate a new beneciary, you can do so by submitting a new Death Benet Nomination Form.
Any other existing nominees would remain unaected.
6. In the case of a divorce or a dissolution, in some circumstances the court may order that all or part
of any death benet is to be paid to your former husband, wife or civil partner.
For classic members, should part of your death benet be ordered to be paid to your former
spouse, the remainder of your benet can be paid to another nominee of your choice. You will
need to complete a new form in this circumstance.
For classic plus, nuvos, premium and alpha members, should part of your death benet be ordered
to be paid to your former spouse, the remainder of your benet would be paid to your other
7. The pension scheme must pay death benets within two years of your death. If we are unable to
contact your nominee (s), or if there is no valid nomination, we will pay any death benet to your
4. You must sign and date the form.
5. Your witness must sign and date the form on the same date that you sign and date it.
Your witness must not be one of your nominees.
Further guidance on how to complete a Death Benet Nomination form can be found
©MyCSP September 2019