What is Direct Deposit?
Direct Deposit, also known as electronic funds transfer (EFT), allows
the Nevada State Division of Welfare and Supportive Services (DWSS)
State Collection and Disbursement Unit (SCaDU) to electronically
deposit your payments directly into your bank account.
Why should I sign up for Direct Deposit?
You get your money faster because mailing is eliminated.
You do not need to make extra trips to the bank or wait in long
How does Direct Deposit work?
When a payment is made from DWSS, SCaDU electronically tells your
bank to credit your account.
Who can sign up for Direct Deposit?
Every recipient of funds through DWSS who has a bank account in their
name can sign up for Direct Deposit. NOTE: If you receive both Child
Support and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF),
both benefits will be direct deposited.
How do I sign up for Direct Deposit?
Fill out this authorization agreement along with verification from the
bank showing the account number and routing numbers. A voided
check is acceptable verification for a checking account. For a
savings account or on-line banking, please have your bank stamp
and initial the request form to verify the bank routing and account
number. A deposit slip is not acceptable verification.
Mail or fax the completed form to:
Nevada State Division of Welfare and Supportive Services
Attention: SCaDU EFT
Child Support Center of Southern Nevada
1900 East Flamingo Road, Suite 136
Las Vegas, Nevada 89119-5168
FAX (702) 486-8592
When will my Direct Deposit start?
A Direct Deposit will not begin for at least 30 days from the date of your
request. You will receive your child support payments via a debit card
until your Direct Deposit application is processed.
How do I stop Direct Deposit?
You must notify SCaDU in writing. Send or fax a letter to SCaDU
(information listed in previous column). Please be sure to include your
case number and/or your Social Security Number.
What if I change or close my bank account?
You must complete a new authorization form each time you change your
banking information. When changing your bank account, SCaDU must
close your previous direct deposit account and verify your new account
information with your bank, a process that normally takes 10 business
days. After the verification process is complete, all payments will be
deposited into your new account, however, payments received during the
verification period will be disbursed via a debit card. If your account has
closed and you have NOT submitted a new Direct Deposit Information
and Authorization Agreement for processing as stated above, your child
support and TANF payments will also be disbursed via a debit card.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have an existing debit card account, you will
not automatically receive a new debit card. The debit card you initially
received may still be used.
How many Direct Deposit accounts can I open?
Only one Direct Deposit account is allowed at a time. All payments will
go into that one account until Direct Deposit is stopped.
How do I know when I’ve received a payment?
You may contact the DWSS voice response unit (VRU) toll free to find
out whether a payment has been sent to you. You must contact your bank
to learn whether the payment has been deposited to your account. The
VRU is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The telephone numbers
(775) 684-7200 Northern Nevada
(702) 486-1646 Southern Nevada
or call the Child Support Customer Service number toll free at
For further information, please check our website:
Date Pre-Note Completed:
Initials of Person Processing:
Date Direct Deposit Request
Initials of Person Processing:
Customer Information
Social Security Number:
Home Address:
Home Phone No.:
Work Phone No.:
E-mail Address:
Mother’s Maiden Name
(Verification purposes only)
Bank Information
(Call your bank if you are unsure of this information.)
Name of Bank:
Branch Name:
Bank Address:
Mark Only One Type of Account:
Checking Savings
Please attach a voided check or other verification from your financial institution
with the following information:
I hereby authorize the DWSS to make deposits to this bank account. DWSS may make deposits to this account until I cancel this authorization. If funds are mistakenly
deposited into my account, I authorize the DWSS to debit the amount from my account or from future payments. I understand that signing this agreement authorizes
the direct deposit of child support and TANF monies to the designated account.
Signature Date
1116 MEC (3/19)
click to sign
click to edit