City of Hampton
RESPONSIBILITY AGREEMENT FORM
Department Heads will appoint a Department Coordinator to ensure effective administration and accurate
record keeping. The appointed Department Coordinator must read the City of Hampton Bank of America VISA
Credit Card Policy and Procedures Manual and be familiar with all aspects of credit card policies and procedures.
The Department Coordinator has the following responsibilities:
1. Completing mandatory Cardholder training and training on the Virginia Public Procurement Act.
2. Preparing applications for credit cards within their department, obtaining signatures from the applicant
and Department Head before forwarding completed application to the Credit Card Program
3. Reviewing Spend Report transactions, vouchers and supporting documentation received from the
Cardholders within their department for propriety, and approving the transactions for payment.
4. Notifying the Department Head and Credit Card Program Administrator of any disallowed or
5. Assisting with the resolution of disputed, disallowed and/or unsupported expenses and collecting
payment from the Cardholder for any disallowed and/or unsupported expenses.
6. Ensuring that lost or stolen cards are reported immediately (within 24 hours) to the Card Issuer,
Department Head and Credit Card Program Administrator.
7. Notifying the Credit Card Program Administrator immediately when employees transfer to another
department, terminate employment or move to another position within the department that does not
require credit card use.
8. Requesting the Credit Card Program Administrator to cancel/deactivate Cardholder’s card for loss of
credit card privileges as approved by the Department Head. Collecting canceled cards from Cardholders
and shredding the cards.
9. Change accounting codes for individual transactions when the Cardholder has incorrectly coded a
purchase to the wrong expense ledger account.
10. Maintaining a list of all employees within their department who have been issued credit cards.
11. Participate in card usage research by reviewing Spend Reports annually to identify purchasing patterns
that may benefit the department.