Sussex Building Control provides
building control services on behalf of
Sussex Building Control
c/o Horsham District Council
Parkside, Chart Way, Horsham,
West Sussex RH12 1RL
telephone: 01403 215151
This notice is given in relation to the building work as described, is submitted in accordance with Regulation 21
and is accompanied by the appropriate fee.
The use of the completed buildings *IS
/ IS NOT a use where the Fire Safety Order applies. (see overleaf)
1. A site plan showing the location and the extent of the
works of demolition to a scale of not less than 1/2500
must be provided.
2. Where it is intended to erect a scaffolding or hoarding on
the Public highway, the consent of the Highway Authority
must ﬁrst be obtained. A form may be obtained from West
Sussex County Council. Telephone 01403 223900.
3. It is an offence to begin the demolition of the whole or part
of a building to which Section 80 of the Building Act 1984
(i) Formal notice in writing under Section 80 has been
given to the Council.
(ii) The Council has issued to the person(s) undertaking
the works of demolition, a notice under Section 81.
(iii) The six week period within which the Council
can issue a notice has expired.
4. Section 80 applies to a demolition of the whole
or a part of a building except:
(a) a demolition in pursuance of a demolition order
made under The Housing Act 1957, and
(b) a demolition:
(i) of an internal part of a building, where the
building is occupied and it is intended that
it should continue to be occupied.
(ii) of a building that has a cubic content
(as ascertained by external measurement)
of not more than 1750 cubic feet, or, where
a greenhouse, conservatory, shed or
prefabricated garage forms part of a larger
building, of that greenhouse, conservatory,
shed or prefabricated garage.
4. (b) (iii) without prejudice to sub-paragraph (ii) above,
of an agricultural building (as deﬁned in Section
26 of the General Rate Act 1967), unless it
is contiguous to another building of a kind
mentioned in that sub-paragraph.
5. YOU MUST ENSURE THAT ANY NECESSARY
PLANNING PERMISSION HAS BEEN OBTAINED
BEFORE YOU BEGIN THE DEMOLITION.
General Data Protection Regulations
The information that you provide will be processed
by Horsham District Council, which is the data controller
for the purposes of GDPR. The data may be used:
1. in connection with the permission, consent, approval,
ﬁnancial or other assistance for which this application
2. for the furtherance of any of the Council’s statutory
3. for the purpose of sharing with any of its statutory
4. in connection with the prevention of fraud or evasion
of tax; and
5. for the purposes of statutory monitoring or regulatory
If you would like this form in an alternative format please contact Sussex Building Control on 01403 215151