Converted Foreign-Registered Vehicle
A vehicle owner must present the Declaration of Conversion and related Suitably Qualied Individual declaration
to the NCTS when declaring a vehicle of this type for registration.
• Please see www.ncts.ie for documents which must be brought to the NCTS when presenting a vehicle for
• In addition, the total cost of conversion in Euros including VAT must be supported with a list of invoices / receipts
showing dates and amounts.
Converted Irish-Registered Vehicle
Declaration To Revenue Is Not Required In Most Cases
(1) seating positions have been added and the new total including the driver is nine seating positions or less;
(2) had ten seating positions or more, seating positions have been removed and the new total including the
driver is nine seating positions or less;
(3) converted to motor caravan; declaration is not required however if registered in Ireland as a car or MPV or
Only if (1), (2) or (3) above is the case, the vehicle owner must submit the Declaration of Conversion and the
related Suitably Qualied Individual declaration, andothersupportingdocumentsto:Revenue’sMyEnquiries
please send your application in a FREEPOST envelope to:
Declarations should be posted together with the following Supporting Documents:
• invoice(s) showing the costs of conversion,
• where a vehicle is a Category A vehicle, or is being converted to a Category A vehicle evidence of NOx must be
• in the case of a Motor Caravan, photographs showing the full interior, at least one of which should be taken from
the front of the living area looking rearward and one from the rear of the living areas looking forward such that
they provide a good overview of the layout of the living accommodation. At least three photographs should be
of the exterior one of which also includes the registration plate of the vehicle. A maximum of 15 photographs in
total should be submitted.
Motor Caravans or Ambulances, please see the Revenue website:
Please ensure that you have read and are familiar with all of the information on that page.
Tax Relief For Vehicles For People With Disabilities
This Conversion form should be submitted as part of the following applications under the Disabled Drivers and
Passengers (Tax Concessions) Regulations 1993 (S.I. No. 353 of 1994 (as amended)), where the vehicle is:
• a Converted Irish Registered Vehicle, or
• a Converted Foreign Registered Vehicle, and
• an application for one of the following Exemptions is being made:
o Extensive Adaptations - Driver, Passenger or Organisation.
For details regarding Tax Relief for Vehicles for People with Disabilities, and the necessary application form and
contact details, please see the Revenue website: