DC Tynan Trust - Guidelines for Funding
The following guidelines are prepared to assist applicants in the preparation of their application. Please
• Funding will be available for organisations within the Te Kuiti dened urban area only.
• The Trustees have absolute discretion to decide the allocation of funding within the terms of the
bequest, which encompasses social, cultural, educational and recreational activities.
• Funds will not be available where a project either has commenced or has been completed prior to
the advertised closing date.
• The Trustees generally receive many more applications than there are funds available and each
application will be considered on its merits.
• Funds will not be allocated to those applicant organisations which have received funding from the
Trust in the previous three years.
• Generally, funds will not be available for maintenance type activities or minor projects, which could
be more appropriately met from the general funds of the organisation.
• Applicants will be encouraged to submit applications for capital-type items, which give benet to a
greater number of participants.
• The Trustees believe applicants should demonstrate their commitment to the project by providing
evidence of provision of a substantial contribution towards the project. This contribution can be by
way of monies, labour or assistance “in kind”.
• Funding will generally be available to those applicant organisations where the project can be
completed within the nancial year of the allocation.
• If the funds are not uplifted within the nancial period of the allocations then the amount allocated
may be re-allocated, or re-invested to the capital fund.
• Applicant organisations which have been allocated funding will be required to provide evidence that
any stipulated criteria has been met prior to the funds being made available.
• All successful applicant organisations will be required to complete a receipt form acknowledging the
amount allocated has been received.
• All successful applicant organisations will be required to complete an Accountability Form providing
details of exactly how the amount allocated has been spent.