CSCL/CD-500 (Rev. 08/18)
Business Telephone Number
Submit with check or money order by mail:
Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Corporations, Securities & Commercial Licensing Bureau
P.O. Box 30054
Lansing, MI 48909
ubmit in person:
2501 Woodlake Circle
Telephone: (517) 241-6470
Fees may be paid by check, money order, VISA, Mastercard,
or Discover when delivered in person to our office.
COFS (Corporations Online Filing System):
This document may be completed and submitted online at www.michigan.gov/corpfileonline.
Fees may be paid by VISA, MasterCard, or Discover.
INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
Name of person or organization remitting fees.
LARA is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids, services and other reasonable accommodations are available upon request to individuals
1. This form may be used to draft your Articles of Incorporation. A document required or permitted to be filed under the Act cannot be filed unless it
contains the minimum information required by the Act. The format provided contains only the minimal information required to make the document
fileable and may not meet your needs. This is a legal document and agency staff cannot provide legal advice.
2. Submit one original of this document. Upon filing, the document will be added to the records of the Corporations, Securities & Commercial Licensing
Bureau. The original will be returned to your registered office address unless you enter a different address in the box on the front of this document.
Since this document will be maintained on electronic format, it is important that the filing be legible. Documents with poor black and white contrast,
or otherwise illegible, will be rejected.
3. This document is to be used pursuant to the provisions of Act 284, P.A. of 1972, by one or more persons for the purpose of forming a domestic profit
4. Article I - The corporate name of a domestic profit corporation is required to contain the word Corporation, Company, Incorporated, Limited
or one of the following abbreviations: Corp., Co., Inc., or Ltd., with or without periods.
5. Article II - State, in general terms, the character of the particular business to be carried on. Under Section 202(b) of the Act, it is sufficient to state
substantially, alone or with specifically enumerated purposes, that the corporation may engage in any activity within the purposes for which
corporations may be formed under the Act. The Act requires, however, that educational corporations state their specific purposes.
6. Article III - Indicate the total number of shares which the corporation has authority to issue. If there is more than one class or series of shares, state
the relative rights, preferences and limitations of the shares of each class in Article III(2).
7. Article IV - A post office box may not be designated as the address of the registered office. If the address includes a suite number, add the name of
the business at the suite number to ensure proper mail delivery.
8. Article V - The Act requires one or more incorporators. Educational corporations are required to have at least three (3) incorporators. The
address(es) should include a street number and name (or other designation), city and state.
9. The duration of the corporation should be stated in the Articles only if not perpetual.
10. This document is effective on the date endorsed "filed" by the Bureau. A later effective date, no more than 90 days after the date of delivery, may be
stated as an additional Article.
11. The Articles must be signed by each incorporator. The names of the incorporators as set out in Article V should correspond with the signatures.
12. FEES: Make remittance payable to the State of Michigan. Include corporation name on check or money order.
ORGANIZATION FEE: BASED ON AUTHORIZED SHARES (Insert fee)
PLUS NONREFUNDABLE FEE:
TOTAL MINIMUM FEE:
More than 10,000,000
$500.00 for first 10,000,000 plus $1000.00 for each additional 10,000,000,
or portion thereof
Documents that are endorsed filed are available at www.michigan.gov/corpentitysearch. If the submitted document is not fileable, the notice of refusal to
file and document will be available at the Rejected Filings Search website at www.michigan.gov/corprejectedsearch.