Form last updated: 2/2/2020 Page 1 of 6
New Minor Application
To request to add a new minor to the Millsaps College academic program.
• Complete the entire form below.
• If the addition of this new minor affects another department, the proposer must contact the
chair of that department and attach email correspondence to show communication and
• If the new minor requires the addition of a new course, please fill out a “Course Addition” form.
Each added course requires its own form.
• Similarly, if the new minor requires changes to an existing course, an “Existing Course
Modification/Deletion” form must accompany this request.
• A detailed four-year staffing plan must be submitted with this application.
• The proposal must be viewed and signed by the appropriate Divisional Dean (see below) before
being submitted to the Curriculum Committee.
• If unsure about the depth of detail required in this form, contact the Chair of the Curriculum
Committee prior to filling the form.
• If more room is needed, please add an addendum and clearly identify which item is continued.
Submitted by: _________________________________________________________________________
Department Chair Signature (e-signature is acceptable): _______________________________________
Proposed New Minor Name: _____________________________________________________________
Proposed New Minor Code (4 letters): ________________
Term New Minor Will Be Available: _________________________
How many credit hours will the new minor be? _______________