Form last updated: 2/2/2020 Page 1 of 3
Degree (BA, BS, BBA) Change Form
To modify existing requirements of an existing degree at Millsaps College: BA, BS, or BBA.
• Complete the entire form below and submit the current checklist and an updated checklist that
clearly indicates the change as it will appear in the catalog.
• If the degree change affects another department, the proposer should contact the chair of that
department and attach email correspondence to show communication and collaboration.
• If the proposed change requires the addition of a new course, please fill out a “Course Addition”
form. Each added course requires its own form.
• Similarly, if the proposed change requires changes to an existing course, an “Existing Course
Modification/Deletion” form must accompany this request.
• If more room is needed, please add an addendum and clearly identify which item is continued.
• Please plan accordingly: all degree changes must be introduced at a faculty meeting and then
voted on by the full faculty at the subsequent faculty meeting.
Submitted by: _________________________________________________________________________
Department Chair Signature (e-signature is acceptable): _______________________________________
Have you spoken with your entire department before submitting this proposal to ensure you are on the
same page? Check one: YES NO
A. Provide a summary and rationale behind the proposed change and discuss any staffing adjustments
that may accompany the proposed change. The description of the staffing impact should be
proportionate to the proposed changes.