Form last updated: 2/2/2020 Page 1 of 4
Course Addition Form
To add a new course to a department/program’s current offerings.
• Complete the entire form below. One form must be filled for each course that is being added.
• If the course addition affects a major/minor/concentration/degree checklist(s), please submit a
“Major/Minor/Concentration Change” form or a “Degree Change” form and the checklist(s) with
edits clearly marked.
• If the course addition affects another department, the proposer should contact the chair of that
department and attach email correspondence to show communication and collaboration.
• If the course added is part of a proposed new minor or major, please submit a “New Minor
Application” form or a “New Major Application” form.
• If unsure about the depth of detail required in this form, especially for Section B, contact the
Chair of the Curriculum Committee prior to filling this form.
• If more room is needed, please add an addendum and clearly identify which item is continued.
Submitted by: _________________________________________________________________________
Department Chair Signature (e-signature is acceptable): _______________________________________
Have you spoken with your entire department before submitting this proposal to ensure you are on the
same page? Check one: YES NO
A. Please fill out the following information for the proposed addition.
Course Prefix (e.g., BIOL, SOAN)
Short Title for Transcripts (30 character
*Instructional Method Code