Form last updated: 2/2/2020 Page 1 of 5
Application Form for
New Optional Concentration
To request to add an optional concentration to the Millsaps college catalog. This form should only be
used if the concentration is optional for a student. For example, some departments require a student
graduate with a major and a concentration. If that is the case, please fill out the “new major application
form” since, in that case, the concentration is embedded in the major. If the concentration is simply an
optional add-on for the student, then this is the appropriate form.
• Complete the entire form below.
• If the addition of this new optional concentration affects another department, the proposer
should contact the chair of that department and attach email correspondence to show
communication and collaboration.
• If the new concentration requires the addition of a new course, please fill out a “Course
Addition” form. Each added course requires its own form.
• Similarly, if the new concentration requires changes to an existing course, an “Existing Course
Modification/Deletion” form must accompany this request.
• A detailed four-year staffing plan must be submitted with this application.
• The proposal must be viewed and signed by the appropriate Divisional Dean (see below) before
being submitted to the Curriculum Committee.
• If unsure about the depth of detail required in this form, contact the Chair of the Curriculum
Committee prior to filling the form.
• If more room is needed, please add an addendum and clearly identify which item is continued.
Submitted by: _________________________________________________________________________
Department Chair Signature (e-signature is acceptable): _______________________________________
Proposed New Optional Concentration Name: