STATE OF CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
BOF 4100A (Rev. 05/2019) PAGE 2 of 4
CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
BUREAU OF FIREARMS
Curio or Relic Firearm Report
Curio or Relic Firearm Report Submission Requirements
State law requires all California Federal Firearms Licensees (FFL) holding a type "03" license (collectors of curio or relic
firearms) who obtain curio or relic firearms while out of state, to report such purchases or acquisitions to the California
Department of Justice within five days of transporting the firearm(s) into California. Your failure to comply with this
mandated reporting requirement could result in criminal prosecution. (Pen. Code, §§ 27590 & 27565)
The following must be submitted with your application and mailed to the Department of Justice, Bureau of Firearms-C&R,
P.O. Box 820200, Sacramento CA 94203-0200:
■ $19.00 processing fee (check or money order made payable to the Department of Justice)
(Pen. Code, § 28230, (a)(3))
■ A copy of your California driver license or identification card. (Cal. Code Reg., tit 11, § 4045.1)
■ If your California driver license or identification card has “FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY” on the front, you shall also
submit proof of lawful presence in the United States, in the form of one of the following documents:
(1) Valid, unexpired U.S. passport or passport card.
(2) Certified copy of U.S. birth certificate.
(3) Certification of Birth Abroad (FS-545), Certification of Report of Birth (DS-1350) or Consular Report of Birth
Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America (FS-240), issued by the U.S. Department of State.
(4) Valid, unexpired foreign passport with valid U.S. immigrant visa and approved Record of Arrival/Departure (I-94)
(5) Certified copy of birth certificate from a U.S. Territory.
(6) Certificate of Naturalization or U.S. Citizenship.
(7) Valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card. (Cal. Code Reg., tit 11, § 4045.1)
■ If your name, as it appears on the “FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY” California driver license or identification card, differs
from the name on the document(s) above, you shall also submit one of the following certified documents:
(1) An adoption document that contains your legal name as a result of the adoption.
(2) A name change document that contains your legal name both before and, as a result of, the name change.
(3) A marriage certificate.
(4) A dissolution of marriage document that contains your legal name as a result of the court action.
(5) A certificate, declaration or registration document verifying the formation of a domestic partnership.
(6) A dissolution of domestic partnership document that contains your legal name as a result of the court action. (Cal.
Code Reg., tit 11, § 4045.1)
Complete all required information. Incomplete applications submitted without the proper fees and documentation will be
returned without processing. If reporting more than three firearms, attach additional copies of this form as needed. A firearms
eligibility check will be conducted to determine whether you are lawfully eligible to possess firearms. Once approved, you will
receive a confirmation notice of your Curio or Relic Firearm Report.
This form may not be used to report ownership of assault weapons defined in Penal Code sections 30510 through 30530. It
is the responsibility of the applicant to determine if the firearm being reported is an assault weapon. A list of assault weapons
is available on the Bureau of Firearms website at www.oag.ca.gov/firearms.