1. ✦ Log in to the EHR software using
the username and password
2. ✦ Select the menu item to create a
new patient or a new chart.
3. ✶ Refer to the patient registration
form to complete the patient
information requested on the
screen, such as name, address,
birthdate, and so on.
4. ✶ Save the information.
5. ✶ Visually conﬁrm that the record
has been created by the EHR
6. ✦ Identify the medical record
number. Write it on the patient
7. ✦ Scan in or link any existing
documentation, etc. according to
procedures for the EHR software.
8. ✶ Save the medical record and sign
out of the system.
1. ✶ For paper medical records,
identify the medical record
number following oce
procedures and write it on the
patient registration form.
2. ✦ Insert the patient registration form
in the designated location in the
front of the ﬁle.
3. ✦ Create a ﬁle folder label with the
patient’s medical record number or
name, following oce procedures.
✦ = 3–6 points
✶ = 7–9 points
Procedure_09-1 to 13-6.indd Page 80 26/04/17 11:10 AM f-424 /206/PH03233/9780134473062_BEAMAN/BEAMAN_PEARSON_COMPREHENSIVE_MEDICAL_ASSISTING_ ...