County of Dufferin Application for Grant Funding Page 2
Other considerations for organizations:
1. Project proposals must clearly indicate how the initiative will benefit the participants and/or the
2. This is a competitive process. Overall funding allocation may be decreased and funding requested
by organizations may be granted in full, in part or declined, at the discretion of the assessment
3. These grants are intended to support one-time funding opportunities/projects, not ongoing
sustainability funding. Priority will be given to:
• New projects (i.e. not to sustain an existing program as is)
• New features or new beneficiaries of existing programs
• Events that are not fundraisers (i.e. sponsorship)
4. The organization must be sustainable and able to operate without this grant funding. Financial
Statements must be attached for the application to be accepted.
5. Grant applications are assessed by a committee created and managed by Headwaters
Communities In Action. The committee has multi-sectoral representation, a solid knowledge of
Dufferin County, an analytic skill set and a collaborative approach.
• Purchase of goods and services in keeping with the aim of the project
• Advertising and Marketing
• Overhead or administrative costs not related to the project.
• Capital funding and infrastructure costs (i.e. that which depreciates, such as office furniture,
Successful Grant Recipients – Reporting Requirements
After project completion, or by November 30, 2021, you will be asked to publish or submit a report
sharing your story of how the Dufferin County Community Grant benefitted the community, with a
photo and a minimum of 250 words outlining the program, impacts of the project and grant, quotes
from beneficiaries and coordinators of the program, and contact information.
See a sample here.
Organizations may also be subject to a project review, and required to submit invoices and proof of
payment for goods and services. Please keep these records on hand.
A red asterisk (*) indicates a mandatory filed that must be completed.