Cook Shire Council
Ph: 07 4082 0500
COOK, WUJAL WUJAL, HOPE VALE SHIRES
COVID-19 ENTRY PERMIT APPLICATION
• Print out the completed form and take to Mt Carbine checkpoint or airport.
• Email a copy of completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Entry for Cook, Wujal Wujal and Hope Vale Shires only and does NOT authorise entry to other Aboriginal Shire
Councils or Weipa.
• All persons arriving by plane at any airport in these Shires will be subject to the same controls as for travel by
roads into Cook. That is, each person must provide a valid entry permit.
• People arriving by boat will be subject to the controls of Maritime Safety Queensland.
• These restrictions apply to everyone except emergency and defence force personnel in uniform on duty.
• Where possible, applications must be made at least three (3) full business days prior to planned travel.
• Every individual entering these Shires must have a printed copy of the entry permit along with photo
identification for presentation at the access checkpoints at Mt Carbine or airport.
Section 1 – Applicant details
First name: Last name:
Town: State: Postcode:
Town: State: Postcode:
Photo Identification Type: ID Number:
Photo Identification attached: YES NO
Section 2 – Vehicle Details, if applicable
Vehicle type: Make / Model:
Vehicle colour: Registration:
Section 3 – Conditions of permit consent
A completed application DOES NOT guarantee approval
(a) Entry permit for Cook, Wujal Wujal, and Hope Vale Shires only.
(b) Other than for entry into Hope Vale and Wujal Wujal Shires, this permit does NOT authorise entry to other
Aboriginal Shire Councils or Weipa.
(c) Permit is valid only when carried on the person along with Photo Identification.
(d) Permit applies for the purpose issued and vehicle listed only.
(e) All persons travelling on airlines will be subject to the same controls as for travel on roads.
(f) Every person in a vehicle must have a valid entry permit.
(g) The only exceptions are emergency and defence force personnel in uniform and on duty.
(h) A permit holder is required to abide by Queensland Health recommended actions in relations to personal hygiene
and social distancing. For more details refer to the Queensland Health website.
(i) This permit does not authorise travel on any closed roads. A separate permit is required to travel on closed roads,
for details visit Council Website.
(j) For access to the State-controlled Peninsula Development Road, contact the Department of Transport and Main
Roads on 13 19 40.
(k) The permit holder indemnifies Cook, Wujal Wujal and Hope Vale Councils against any claim for vehicle damage,
personal injury, illness or any other loss arising howsoever from entry granted by this permit.
COVID-19 Entry Permit – 25 March 2020 Page 1 of 2