Concurrent/Dual Enrollment Student Release Cover Page
ALL STUDENTS, PARENTS, AND COUNSELORS MUST COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES:
1. New Students – complete the Cerro Coso Application online: www.cerrocoso.edu/apply.
2. Returning Students – update your information every semester though InsideCC.
3. Obtain course recommendations and approval from High School Counselor or Administrator. Not all Cerro Coso classes are
available to high school students. Restrictions may be in place by certain departments or based on levels of courses. Certain
courses may also be limited to students who have taken college classes previously or high school juniors/seniors. To find out
what courses you are eligible to take, please contact the Counseling department.
4. Obtain approval from parent or guardian.
5. This cover page must be signed and submitted with the Concurrent/Dual Enrollment Student Release form with current high
school transcripts attached.
6. How to submit concurrent enrollment forms to Cerro Coso Counseling:
• Ridgecrest, online, and out of area: Email to email@example.com
• Kern River Valley: Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• East Kern & Tehachapi: East Kern- email@example.com, Tehachapi- firstname.lastname@example.org
• ESCC – Bishop/Mammoth: Bishop- email@example.com, Mammoth- firstname.lastname@example.org
• Students are required to have a minimum GPA of 2.0. If an exception is felt to be appropriate, the school oicial must
provide justification on the Concurrent/Dual Enrollment Student Release form.
• High school students can only take college level courses, which are C050-C299 level.
• Forms must be submitted no later than 3 weeks prior to the start of the semester to allow Cerro Coso Counseling time to
process the forms. Forms received aer that time are not guaranteed processing.
• Any high school student wishing to take math or English at Cerro Coso must be placed into the appropriate course based
on the student’s high school transcript, course completion and grades, and policies developed by the Cerro Coso math
and English departments. Counseling sta will make the determination for appropriate English and math courses based
on these guidelines.
Watch the instructional video at https://www.cerrocoso.edu/studentservices/admissions/concurrent-high-school-students to
make sure that concurrent and dual enrollment is right for you. If you are uncertain about the responsibilities outlined in the
video and on this form, a college class may not be the best option for you at this time. Minor students and their parents/guardians
should understand that students are enrolling in college classes, which are designed with adults in mind. The atmosphere of the
campus in general, and of classrooms in particular, will reflect an adult population.
Concurrent and dual enrollment students are considered college students and all Cerro Coso policies and procedures must
be adhered to. Parents/guardians will not receive information regarding the student without a FERPA form on file, signed
by the student. The student will need to contact the Counseling department to have this agreement completed each
semester. Cerro Coso enrollment fees are waived for K-12 students who are California residents.
Concurrent and dual enrollment students are required to abide by all the rules and regulations of Cerro Coso Community College.
These policies and procedures can be found on this form, in the Student Handbook, the Student Conduct Policy, the College Catalog,
in Board Policy, and on the college website (www.cerrocoso.edu) under Student Services.
I agree to the above and to abide by all the rules and regulations of Cerro Coso Community College, and authorize the release of
academic and Code of Conduct information to the high school. I hereby release Cerro Coso Community College from any and all
liability or damages for providing the information requested.
Student’s Signature ______________________________________________________Date ______________________________
Parent/Guardian Approval _________________________________________________Date ______________________________
-1 of 2-