Comprehensive Plan Amendment
Montgomery County Planning & GIS Services | 755 Roanoke Street, Suite 2A | Christiansburg, VA
Comprehensive Plan Amendment Process & Policies:
• Applications for amendments to the Comprehensive Plan are accepted and processed twice per
year and must be received by 5:00 p.m. on February 28 or August 31.
• The Comprehensive Plan review process may take up to six months.
• Parcels which are currently in the Agricultural and Forestal District program will not be
considered until they have been removed from the program.
• Parcels may be amended only to the Comprehensive Plan district level of adjacent or abutting
All Comprehensive Plan Amendment Applications MUST INCLUDE ALL of the following:
□ Completed application form
□ Letter of justification, including specific plan citations:
1. What you are intending to do with your property.
2. Why the proposed use is an appropriate use for the property.
3. How the change in proposed use fits with the land use policies and the subject policies
included in the Comprehensive Plan.
□ Traffic Impact Study (perVDoT 527 Regulations, when applicable)
□ Plat of property or properties
□ Map showing property and surrounding parcels
□ Preliminary concept planning illustrating owner’s intention for the property
□ Application Fee $500 (+ $20 / acre)
□ 10 copies of all application materials
RETURN THE APPLICATION AND SUPPORTING MATERIALS TO:
ontgomery County Planning & GIS Services
755 Roanoke Street, Suite 2A
Christiansburg, VA 24073
f you have questions, please call the Planning & GIS Services office
at 540-394-2148 or email firstname.lastname@example.org