Octane Capital • Company Application Form Page 8 of 9
Use of information
I/We agree that in making this application, Octane Property Finance trading as “Octane” will make enquiries about you including
searches at credit agencies and fraud prevention agencies in order to assist in assessing the information you have provided in your
application and supporting documentation to decide whether to provide you with a Loan. Even if Octane issues an oer letter to
you, we have the right at any time before any loan completes to withdraw, revise or cancel our oer.
It is important that you ensure that the information you have provided in your application and supporting documentation are
correct. It is a criminal oence to knowingly or recklessly give false, inaccurate or misleading information when applying for a
loan. If you have provided such information, you may be reported to the police and prosecuted and any suspicion of fraud may be
notiﬁed to fraud prevention agencies.
BY SIGNING THIS APPLICATION, YOU THE UNDERSIGNED:
1. Agree that Octane will use the information that you have provided for assessing the prospect of providing a loan
to you and that the information contained in this application and any supporting documents provided is accurate and true.
2. Octane will capture and process your/your client’s data for our legitimate interest in considering whether or not to oer you/
your client a loan and, should we advance a loan, to manage that loan until redemption and to keep records for a period of
up to 6 years after your/your client’s loan has redeemed. Should we not advance a loan we will generally destroy your/your
client’s information within a period of 24 months. You can see our full privacy notice at octanecapital.co.uk/privacy-notice.
If you are an intermediary submitting this application form unsigned you warrant that you have provided our privacy notice to
the client prior to submission.
3. Agree that Octane may make a search or register information and the conduct of your account with a licensed credit
reference agency to assist Octane in making credit decisions and occasionally for fraud prevention or for tracing debtors.
4. Agree to notify Octane of any changes which have, or are likely to inﬂuence on the continuing accuracy of the information in
respect to the application and supporting documentation which may aect our decision to provide you with a loan.
5. Agree that any solicitor acting for you may disclose to us any information or documentation about the transaction or property
which is the subject of this application and you waive any duty of conﬁdentiality or privilege which may otherwise exist in
relation to this loan transaction;
6. Agree that Octane at any time until repayment of the loan may:
a) Provide information to a mortgage insurer to assess the risk of providing mortgage insurance or to assess the risk of
b) Provide any information contained in this application (and all information associated with this application) and information
on the performance of the account to any associated company, appointed Data Processor, originator, ﬁnance consultant,
ﬁnancier, accountant, Credit Reference Agency (CRA), Fraud Prevention Agency (FPA), lawyer or third party involved
with the prospective ﬁnance to be provided to you or as deemed appropriate by Octane (in its sole discretion).
c) Disclose any report or personal information about you to any organisation or their appointed Data Processor which may
be required in relation to any form of sub-charge, securitisation of any ﬁnance, sale of notes or other form of transfer of
the ﬁnance which may be provided.
d) You consent to disclosure by Octane of any conﬁdential information (whether ﬁnancial or otherwise) to any person who
may be asked to provide any security or guarantee to the mortgage or their legal advisor.
e) Disclose to any other party information we hold on you as required by law.
7. You acknowledge and understand that any telephone calls and emails relating to your application or mortgage may be
recorded and monitored for security, quality and/or training purposes.
8. You will provide us with any updated ﬁnancial information which we may reasonably and properly request.
9. You agree that Octane and any other companies associated with us may disclose and use information about you to advise you
by post, telephone, or other electronic media, about loan and other products and services which may interest you, until such
time as you notify us to the contrary unless you tick this box . You may update your marketing preferences at any time by
contacting us at ﬁnance@octanecapital.co.uk.
A condensed guide to the use of your personal and business information by ourselves and at Credit Reference and Fraud
Use of your information:
1. When you apply to us for a commercial mortgage, Octane will check the following records about you and your business
a) Our own.
b) Personal and business records at credit reference agencies (CRAs). When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a
search footprint on your business credit ﬁle that may be seen by other lenders. They supply to us both public (including
the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information.
c) those at fraud prevention agencies (FPAs).
d) If you are a director, we will seek conﬁrmation, from credit reference agencies, that the residential address that you
provide is the same as that shown on the restricted register of directors’ usual addresses at Companies House.
We will make checks such as; assessing this application for credit and verifying identities to prevent and detect crime and
money laundering. We may also make periodic searches at CRAs and FPAs to manage your commercial mortgage with us.
2. Information on applications will be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them. Including information on your business and
its proprietors and CRAs may create a record of the name and address of your business and its proprietors if there is not one
already. Where you borrow from us, we will give details of your accounts and how you manage it/them to CRAs.