Coastal Alabama Community College March 2020
COASTAL ALABAMA NURSING REINSTATEMENT APPLICATION
Course(s) to be reinstated: __________________________
Campus attended: Bay Minette ___ Fairhope ___ Brewton ___ Monroeville ___ Thomasville ___
Application Deadline: Due within 48 hours of posting of the last final grade for semester classes in
order to be considered for the following semester. All other reinstatement requests must be received
prior to the last 3 weeks of any one semester.
I. PERSONAL DATA Date: _____________
Last Name: _______________________ First: ____________________ MI: ___ Maiden: ___________
Social Security Number: _______________________________ Student Number: __________________
Mailing Address: ______________________________________________________________________
City: _____________________ State: ___ Zip Code: ___________ Telephone: (___)________________
Home e-mail address: ___________________College e-mail address: ____________________________
Emergency Contact: ___________________________________ Telephone: ( )__________________
The following policies apply to reinstatement requests:
1. All nursing program admission standards at time of reinstatement must be met.
2. Students must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA at the current institution for consideration of
3. Students must apply for readmission to the college if not currently enrolled. College readmission
must be accomplished by published deadlines.
4. CPR, TB skin tests, Hep B vaccination, and Flu vaccination must be updated and submitted
with this application.
5. Students who have been out of the nursing program for more than one semester will need to
demonstrate the following competencies as appropriate to the course(s):
a. Pass a comprehensive written exam at 75% within two attempts
b. Demonstrate acceptable skills proficiency for the following within two attempts:
Head to toe assessment
Medication administration by all legal routes for nurses
Vital signs check and interpretation
IV therapy (IV start, IV administration of a medication, identification of complications)
Sterile procedure (dressing change, tracheostomy suction, and/or urinary catheterization)