Safety in the Town of Whitby’s Recreation Programs
Safety is our number one concern at the Town of Whitby. We need to consider the safety of every
participant and sta member when determining a Participant’s eligibility and continued participation in
our programs. The Town of Whitby reserves the right to refuse a Participant’s registration or require a
Participant to withdraw from a program based on any one of the following:
• Participant does not meet the criteria;
• Participant’s needs cannot be safely met;
• Participant poses a danger to themselves or others;
• Town of Whitby sta are unable to meet the care level required to ensure the Participant’s safety
and success in the program;
• Participant’s medical/physical/behavioural condition is signicantly dierent than what was disclosed
on the Participant Information Form; or,
• If a Participant injures a sta member or another participant, the Participant will be sent home
immediately. In order to return to the program, a plan will be put in place by the Supervisor (or
designate) in consultation with the parents/guardians to ensure a safe environment for the sta and
participants. If, upon return, a second incident occurs, the Participant will be removed from the
program unless outside support is provided by the parents/guardians.
I/We, __________________________, understand that the safety of participants and sta is the Town of
Whitby’s top priority. I/We understand that in circumstances where the safety of participants and/or sta is
compromised, the Town of Whitby has the right to remove the Participant from the program.
Freedom of Information Act
Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of Section 11 of the Municipal Act,
SO 2001, c.25 and will be used for the registration purposes in requesting recreation program(s).
Questions regarding the collection of personal information should be directed to the Manager of
Recreation, 500 Victoria Street West, Whitby, ON L1N 9G4.
Parent/Guardian Signature: Date: (dd/mm/yyyy)
To be completed by sta
Meets participation criteria (Circle one)