Revised July 2018
San Diego City College
ADVISOR RECOGNITION FORM
I, ___________________________, consent to function as Advisor for __________________________________________
(name of club). As Advisor to this club, I will become knowledgeable of relevant rules and regulations of the San Diego
Community College District and City College.
Roles and Responsibilities:
An Advisor position is both a rewarding and challenging role. An Advisor, who motivates and provides solid advisement to
student organization leaders, assists them in their personal growth and development. Clubs and Organizations are active
contributors to life on campus, and the Advisor’s role is to contribute their time to promote this effort. To that end, the Office of
Student Affairs encourages you to carefully consider the following roles and responsibilities in agreeing to serve as an Advisor.
As Faculty Advisor, I will:
1) To view the Mandatory Advisor Orientation online which may be access at: http://www.sdcity.edu/CampusLife/StudentClubs;
viewing the Orientation online is necessary in order for a club to be recognized as a registered club on campus.
2) Help students develop critical life skills and promote student development, as well as civic responsibility.
3) Provide leadership and supervise all activities of the club or organization. I am responsible for the implementation of all
policies and procedures prescribed by the governing board.
4) Attend all meetings and official activities of the club/organization. It is required that the club or organization advisor, or a
substitute acceptable to the administration, attend each meeting and official activity of the club or organization.
5) Provide leadership to the organization and implement policies and procedures for approval of funds requisitions and
purchase requests (see Guidelines for Withdrawal of Club Funds).
6) Serve as a role model, facilitator and a resource to promote the correct use of college procedures, policies and business
processes. I will promote good planning, organization and interpersonal relationships.
7) Be responsible for proper care of college facilities and ensure that all rules and regulations are adhered to in connection with
use of facilities.
8) Travel to and from all events outside of San Diego County with the students. All off-campus travel must be in accordance with
Board of Trustees Policy BP 3120, Off Campus Student Activities.
9) Be responsible for all club or organization expenditures. I will ensure that the purchase is appropriate and that the
appropriate receipts and documentation are submitted to the Student Affairs Office. Receipts are required for audits. I will assist
the Club Treasurer in monitoring club or organization expenditures.
10) Carefully review the Procedures and Operating Guidelines for Student Clubs/Organizations, BP 3200, published November
I will uphold and accept all of the responsibilities as outlined above and consent to be the Faculty Advisor for the above named
Club/Organization. I also understand that in the event an advisor cannot continue in their role, the activities of the club or
organization shall be suspended until a replacement is identified. I also recognize that BP 3200 addresses club sanctions, in the
event that a club does not adhere to policies and procedures of the college and district at all times. I realize that in accordance
with BP 3200, I will be recommended by the Dean of Student Affairs, the Vice President of Student Services and selected by the
President of the City College.
Faculty Advisor Signature Date
Student Affairs Coordinator Date
Recommended ______ _______ _________________________________ _____________
Yes No Dean of Student Affairs Date
Recommended ______ ______ __________________________________ _____________
Yes No Vice President of Student Services Date
____________ ________________ __________________________________ _____________
Approved Not Approved President of City College Date
click to sign
click to edit