Request for
Legal Name Change
This form is used to request a change to your last/family name in official University of Guelph records. Documentation
must be provided to substantiate all changes to legal name. Acceptable documentation includes original birth certificate,
original passport, certified court documents or original marriage certificate. For more information about legal name
changes, visit the Government of Ontario website at
Please bring the completed form and acceptable documentation to Enrolment Services, third floor, University Centre.
Original documentation will be copied in this office and returned to you immediately.
You will be issued a new ID card when you submit the form to Enrolment Services; no fee is required. If you would like to
change your email address after submitting the form, please contact the CCS Help Centre at
Confirmation of Information Currently in University of Guelph Records
Current last/family name:
Current given name(s): First: Middle:
Date of birth (YYYYMMDD): Student ID #:
NEW Name Requested
New last/family name:
New g
iven name(s) (if applicable): Fi
rst: Middle:
Graduation status: I expect to graduate in the next three months and would like this name change reflected on my
diploma. If yes, please note that this form must be submitted by the second week of May for June convocation ceremonies,
the second week of September for October ceremonies, and the second week of January for February absentia conferrals.
Yes No
Student Acknowledgement
Student signature: Date:
For Office Use Only:
Documentation received Record changed Date:
Staff name: Staff signature:
Notice of Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The University of Guelph collects personal information under authority of the University of Guelph Act (1964) and the Freedom of
Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), R.S.O. 1990, c.F.31 as amended. The information collected will be used to process
your request as identified on this form. Information may also be used by other University of Guelph officials to carry out their authorized
academic and administrative responsibilities, and for other purposes as outlined in the Notice of Collection, Use and Disclosure in the
applicable Undergraduate/Graduate Calendars. Should you have any questions concerning the collection of your personal information,
you can contact the Office of Registrarial Services at (519) 824-4120 ext. 58731.
Last revised: November 14, 2019
click to sign
click to edit
Chrome Web Store
It looks like you haven't installed the Fill Chrome Extension Add to Chrome