informally resolve any dispute as to whether the household meets Expedited Service criteria.
The agency conference shall be scheduled within two working days of the request, unless the household requests
that it be scheduled later or states that they do not wish to have an agency conference.
What do I need for my interview?
To avoid delays, bring proof of the following with you to your interview. Keep your interview even if you do not
have the proof. The County may be able to help if you need help getting proof. During the interview, the County
will go over the information on the application and will ask you questions to see if you can get CalFresh benefits
and the amount of benefits you can get.
Proof Needed to Get More
• Housing costs (rent receipts, mortgage bills,
property tax bill, insurance documents).
• Phone and utility costs.
• Medical expenses for anyone in your household
who is elderly (60 and older) or disabled.
• Child and adult care costs due to someone
working, looking for work, attending training or
school, or participating in a required work activity.
• Child support paid by a person in your
Proof Needed to Get Benefits
• Identification (Driver’s License, State ID card, passport).
• Where you live (a rental agreement, current bill with
your address listed).
• Social Security Numbers (see note below about certain
• Money in the bank for all the people in your household
(recent bank statements).
• Earned income of everyone in your household for the
past 30 days (recent pay stubs, a work
statement from an employer). NOTE: If self-employed,
income and expense or tax records.
• Unearned income (Unemployment benefits, SSI, Social
Security, Veteran’s benefits, child support, worker’s
compensation, school grants or loans, rental income, etc.).
• Lawful immigration status ONLY for noncitizens applying
for benefits (an Alien Registration Card, visa).
NOTE: Certain noncitizens applying for
immigration status based on domestic violence, crime
prosecution or trafficking may not need this proof.
They also may not need a Social Security Number.
What if I am homeless?
Please let the County know right away if you are homeless so they can help you figure out an address to use to accept
your application and get notices from the County regarding your case. For CalFresh, homeless means you are:
A. Staying in a supervised shelter, halfway house, or similar place.
B. Staying at the home of another person or family for no more than 90 days straight.
C. Sleeping in a place not designed for, or normally used as, a place to sleep (e.g., a hallway, a bus station,
a lobby, or similar places).
How do I get/use my CalFresh benefits?
• The County will mail or give you a plastic Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card. Benefits will be put on the
card when your application is approved. Sign your card when you get it. You will set up a Personal Identification
Number (PIN) to use your card.
• If your EBT card is lost, stolen, or destroyed, or you think someone may know your PIN number that you don’t
want to use your benefits call (877) 328-9677 or call the County right away
. Make sure all responsible adults
and your authorized representative also know how to report one of these problems right away
. If you do not
report that another person you do not want to spend your benefits has your PIN and you do not get your PIN
changed, any benefits used will not be replaced.
• You can use your CalFresh benefits to buy almost all foods, as well as seeds and plants to grow your own food.
buy alcohol, tobacco, pet food, some types of cooked food, or anything that is not food (like
toothpaste, soap, or paper towels).
• CalFresh benefits are accepted at most grocery stores and other places that sell food. For a list of locations
near you that accept EBT please go to: https://www.ebt.ca.gov
• CalFresh benefits are only
for you and your household members. Keep your benefits safe. Do not give out
your PIN number. Do not
keep your PIN number with your EBT card.
CF 285 (11/16) REQUIRED FORM - SUBSTITUTES NOT PERMITTED
Informational Page - Please take and keep for your records.
COVERSHEET PAGE 2 OF 2
STATE OF CALIFORNIA - HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES AGENCY CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES