Monoxide Safety
Did you know?
More than 150 people in the U.S. die every year from
accidental nonre-related carbon monoxide poisoning.
Carbon monoxide or CO is a colorless and odorless gas. CO poisoning
can occur when a fuel-burning appliance or machine, such as a furnace,
heater or generator, is not working or vented properly. Breathing in CO
at high levels can be fatal.
Learn what you can do to protect your family from the dangers of CO.
o Install and maintain CO alarms inside your home to provide early
warning of CO.
o Install CO alarms in a central location outside each separate sleeping
area and on every level of your home.
o Use portable generators outdoors in well-ventilated areas away from all
doors, windows and vents.
o Make sure vents for the dryer, furnace, stove and replace are clear of
snow and other debris.
For more information and free resources, visit
Click here to
add image.