New York State
CRLDI-DOC 09/17 5 371-396
8. Theft of or Damage to tires (flats or blowouts), unless Damaged by fire, malicious mischief, vandalism,
or stolen, unless the loss is coincident with and from the same cause as other loss covered by the Plan;
9. Damage to any vehicle other than the Rental Vehicle; and
10. Damage to any property other than the Rental Vehicle, owner’s property, or items not permanently
attached to the Rental Vehicle.
This Plan does not cover, and benefits will not be paid for:
1. sales tax related to repair of damages, unless reimbursement of such sales tax is required by law;
2. value added tax or similar tax, unless reimbursement of such tax is required by law;
3. roadside assistance fees;
4. expenses assumed, waived or paid for by the Rental Company or its insurer;
5. expenses covered by the Card Member's personal vehicle insurer, employer or employer's insurer,
Authorized Driver's insurer, or other insurance;
6. diminishment of value; and
7. depreciation, unless reimbursement for depreciation is required by law.
V. CLAIMS PROCESS
If You experience a loss for which You believe a benefit is payable under this Plan, You must provide both
Notice of Claim and Proof of Loss.
Notifying Law Enforcement Agency
Notification of Damage, including vandalism, Theft, or an Accident must be reported to the appropriate law
enforcement agency as soon as reasonably possible. This requirement applies regardless of whether the
Rental Vehicle is involved with other vehicles. Failure to notify may result in denial of benefits.
Notice of Claim
Notice of Claim should be provided to Us within thirty (30) days of the loss. You or the Authorized Driver
may contact the Company by calling toll-free stateside 1-800-338-1670 or, if from overseas, by calling collect
1-303-273-6497. You or the Authorized Driver may also write to Us at Car Rental Loss and Damage
Insurance Claims Unit, PO Box 979178, Miami, FL 33197-9178.
Failure to provide Notice of Claim within thirty (30) days will not invalidate a claim or reduce any benefit
payment that may be found to be eligible, if it can be shown that Notice of Claim was provided as soon as
reasonably possible. At the time You or the Authorized Driver provides Us with Notice of Claim, We will
assist with completion of the Proof of Loss by providing instructions and/or documents, which You or the
Authorized Driver may have to complete and return to Us. You or the Authorized Driver are required to
cooperate with Us and provide documentation as requested by Us which is required and necessary to
process the claim, determine if benefits are payable and collect amounts recoverable from others. No claim
will be denied based upon Your or the Authorized Driver’s failure to provide notice within such specified time,
unless this failure operates to prejudice Our rights.
Proof of Loss
If required, a claim form will be sent to You or the Authorized Driver after We receive notice of loss. Written
proof of loss, which includes the signed claim form and all other requested documentation, must be received
within sixty (60) days after We have provided You with instructions and/or a claim form in response to Your
Notice of Claim, or Your claim may be denied. The proof of loss must be sent to: Car Rental Loss and
Damage Insurance Claims Unit, PO Box 979178, Miami, FL 33197-9178. If the required proof of loss and
other documentation is not received within sixty (60) days of the date of loss (except for documentation
which has not been furnished for reasons beyond Your or the Authorized Driver’s control), coverage may be
denied. It is the claimant’s responsibility to provide all required documentation.
Required documentation may consist of, but is not limited to:
1. an itemized repair bill;
2. a copy of charge slip for the rental of the Rental Vehicle, Rental Agreement or machine generated receipt
to show rental was charged and paid for with an American Express Card;