f you are currently receiving financial aid from any source, do you have financial need or costs
associated with your CTE program that are NOT covered by the financial aid? YES
□ NO □
f YES, check all of the costs/expenses that are NOT covered by financial aid:
□ Registration fees
□ Books or on-line text or instructional materials
□ Class supplies, tools, uniforms, etc.
□ Transportation to required internship or clinical site
Other, please describe
Please attach a personal statement that answers the following questions:
• How did you develop your career interest and choose your CTE program at OCC?
• What have you learned so far during your CTE program experience, including the technical
and personal skills you have acquired?
• Have you faced any significant challenges (i.e. personal, academic and/or financial) whil
ursuing your education and CTE program completion at OCC?
• What are the career and life goals that you hope to achieve by completing your CTE program
• How will receiving a Sue and bill Gross CTE Scholarship help you overcome challenges and
reach your life and career goals?
I acknowledge that I understand and accept the following terms and conditions that will apply to me
if I receive the scholarship award:
• I must enroll in and complete 12 units each semester in my designated CTE Certificate
• I must file a FAFSA and have unmet financial need as determined on my financial aid award
notification letter verified by the OCC Financial Aid Office (Note: “expected family
contribution” amount will be considered as unmet financial need for the purposes of this
• Eligibility for a full Pell grant will disqualify me from receiving this CTE scholarship.
• I must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher during each semester of the school term for which I
receive a scholarship award.
• The maximum scholarship award I will receive will not exceed $2700 for 2019-2020 school
• I understand that I will not receive a cash disbursement for any scholarship funds awarded to
me. Instead, my qualifying expenses covered by the scholarship will be paid directly to
Orange Coast College or to the vendor (e.g., bookstore, equipment vendor, etc.) whenever
possible. I may be reimbursed by way of check issued to me by the Orange Coast College
Bursar for qualifying expenses as determined by my award letter. Such reimbursement will
apply to expenses prepaid by me. I will receive reimbursement after I present receipt(s)
showing the date of payment, the item(s) purchased, the amount paid and the name of the
qualifying vendor. Reimbursement may take up to three (3) weeks to be issued.
signing below, I acknowledge that all of the representations in this applications for a Sue and Bill
Gross CTE Scholarship are true to the best of my knowledge, and that any award of scholarship funds
is based on the truth of my stements. I understand that my college transcript(s) and financial aid
application and records will be examined by a counselor and/or a financial aid officer to verify my
statements and eligibility for a scholarship award.
Applicant Signature Date