COVID-19 | VARSITY SPIRIT FITTING RULES
Safety and well-being of our coaches, athletes, and employees is our priority for your Varsity Spirit fitting. We are prepared to deliver
services that will meet the state and local guidelines related to COVID-19 at the time of the meeting. While the final details and
schedule of any meeting could require adjustments up to the day, and all guidelines are subject to change based on Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention (“CDC”), federal, state and local guidance, please be assured that Varsity Spirit is committed to delivering the
same quality of services for which we are known. We appreciate your understanding of the flexibility this will require.
Below you will find the guidance that we believe is necessary in order to conduct a safe and enjoyable fitting. Please know that the
following is in addition to any guidelines applicable to or mandated by your institution, and local, city and state orders. In addition to
this signed document, a copy of all such additional guidelines must be provided to us prior to the meeting for them to be applied. We
will need to work together to make sure that all guidelines are communicated, applied and enforced.
School / Organization
• The facility for the meeting should be large enough to meet the CDC, state and local guidelines and should be the largest room
available that is appropriate for the meeting. The CDC recommends maintaining at least 6 feet of distance from others. To the
extent feasible, the facility should be well ventilated.
• The meeting location should be clean and sanitary.
• Hand sanitizer or access to restroom facility with proper sanitation areas for handwashing should be provided for all attendees.
• Doors or other high-touch points for entry/exit should be propped open or removed (if feasible).
• Coach/Advisor, Band Director or other designated school or gym facilitator must be present at all times during the meeting and
available to assist Varsity Spirit Representative in enforcement of the established rules, including recognizing when an attendee
should be removed from meeting for signs/symptoms or violation of rules.
• The school/organization or coach must provide a copy of these guidelines to all attendees.
• The school/organization or coach must ensure that anyone who will be present during the meeting has read, understands, and
will comply with these guidelines.
• The school/organization should educate athletes, students, coaches, advisors, school/organization staff, or anyone else that will
be present at the meeting, about COVID-19, how it spreads (including through persons who are asymptomatic), all symptoms of
COVID-19, proper hygiene (e.g., avoiding touching the face, vigorous washing of hands etc.), and the importance of social
distancing (e.g., prohibition on unnecessary touching).
Attendees: Coaches/Advisors, Directors, Athletes, Students, Parents, Others in Attendance
• Anyone that feels sick, shows any symptoms of COVID-19 listed by the CDC, including cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills,
muscle pain, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell, has been diagnosed or presumed positive for COVID-19, is living with a
house member who is currently sick, or has been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed or presumed positive for COVID-
19, currently or within the last 14 days, must stay home.
• Anyone that develops symptoms while at the meeting must immediately inform Varsity Spirit Representative and comply with
the procedure of removal from the meeting.
• Anyone with a pre-existing condition/compromised immune system should speak with, and get clearance from, their doctor
before attending the meeting.
• Attendees should engage in physical distancing of at least 6 feet, or other distance imposed by state and local guidelines.
The number of attendees in the meeting area may be limited to comply with these restrictions.
• Attendees must provide their own face mask or face covering which shall be worn at all times during the meeting.
[Note, if the state, local and school and venue/site guidelines do not mandate face coverings, Varsity Spirit still strongly
encourages mask wearing of all attendees throughout the meeting. Furthermore, it is Varsity Spirit’s policy that any attendee
who tries on an ‘over the head garment’ such as a uniform shell, t-shirt, pullover, etc., and/or any attendee who needs to be
measured by the Varsity Spirit Representative, MUST wear a mask or face covering. This face covering must be provided by the
attendee or organization.]
• Attendees must bring their own wipes/tissue/gloves as needed.
• Attendees must not touch anyone’s belongings except for their own or those provided by Varsity Representative.
• Attendees must cover coughs and sneezes.