Page 6 of 8
• Ensure strict adherence to hygiene requirements to reduce transmission as advised by
NYS DOH and the CDC.
• Provide and maintain hand hygiene stations at each location to include:
o Handwashing: soap, running warm water, and disposable paper towels.
o Hand sanitizing: alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol for
areas where handwashing facilities may not be available or practical, and where the
need for frequent hand sanitizing is expected;
• Train staff to wash their hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
using techniques per NYS DOH and CDC guidance, including the conditions that require
• Support individuals to wash their hands frequently/when needed, with soap and water, for
at least 20 seconds using appropriate techniques as tolerated.
• Encourage and facilitate use of hand sanitizers by staff and individuals upon arrival to and
departure from program and through the day, providing supervision/support of use by
individuals as needed.
• Address any individualized needs affecting the unsupervised availability of hand sanitizer.
Cleaning and Disinfection of Environment, Equipment and Supplies:
• Strictly adhere to sanitation requirements as advised by NYS DOH guidance documents.
• Implement the following minimum standards regarding cleaning and sanitizing:
o Frequent cleaning and rigorous disinfection of high-risk areas/high touch surfaces;
o Use of only EPA registered products for disinfecting non-porous surfaces;
o Adhere to proper dwell times for all cleaners, sanitizers and disinfectants per
manufacturer recommendations as indicated on the product label; and
o Ensure adequate ventilation to prevent inhaling toxic fumes.
o Maintain site cleaning logs indicating the date, time, and scope of cleaning.
o Keep cleaning products, sanitizers and disinfectants secure and out of reach of
individuals who may misuse;
o Safely and immediately discard used gloves, paper towels or other disposable items
after sanitizing or disinfecting, tied in a trash bag and removed from the environment.
o Clean and disinfect all areas and equipment used by a person exhibiting symptoms
upon their departure from the area and prior to use of the area or equipment by other
individuals or staff.
o PPE use and hand hygiene when cleaning and disinfecting causes safety hazards.
o Provide ventilation with outside air safely and when possible.
• Limit use of shared objects/equipment. Ensure shared items are cleaned and/or sanitized
after each use. Require hand hygiene before/after contact and glove use when feasible.
• Prohibit use of items/objects that cannot be cleaned and sanitized (i.e. soft object, cloth
placemats, etc.) unless clinically required.
• Prohibit bringing personal items from home, except when clinically necessary, then have a
plan for regular cleaning and disinfection including immediately prior to departure.
Identify how you will ensure the above and any related strategies: