State of Illinois, Department of Human Services – Bureau of Subsidy Management
COVID-19 PRIORITIZED ESSENTIAL WORKERS
CHILD CARE APPLICATION
• Enter the name of the child care provider if they are a licensed or license-exempt home.
• For child care centers, enter the corporate name of the center.
• If a home provider has been approved for CCAP under a Doing Business As name, please enter it in the
• Center providers must enter their DCFS Emergency Child Care License number to be approved for CCAP at
• Enter the address where care is being provided.
• Enter a telephone number and email address that the provider can be reached at.
• Enter the date the care began or will begin if in the future.
SECTION 7 – APPLICATION AUTHORIZATION
• Parents must read the Application Authorization and sign and date the form.
CATEGORIES OF PRIORITIZED ESSENTIAL WORKERS.
Essential Government Functions:
All services provided by state and local governments needed to ensure the continuing operation of the
government agencies and provide for the health, safety and welfare of the public.
Healthcare and Public Health Operations: Working at hospitals; clinics; dental offices; pharmacies; public
health entities; healthcare manufacturers and suppliers; blood banks; medical cannabis facilities; reproductive
health care providers; eye care centers; home healthcare services providers; mental health and substance use
providers; ancillary healthcare services — including veterinary care and excluding fitness and exercise gyms,
spas, salons, barber shops, tattoo parlors, and similar facilities.
Human Services Operations: any provider funded by DHS, DCFS or Medicaid; long-term care facilities; home-
based and residential settings for adults, seniors, children, and/or people with disabilities or mental illness;
transitional facilities; field offices for food, cash assistance, medical coverage, child care, vocational services or
rehabilitation services; developmental centers; adoption agencies; businesses that provide food, shelter, and
social services and other necessities of life for needy individuals — excluding day care centers, day care
homes, group day care homes and day care centers licensed as specified in Section 12(s) of the order.
Essential Infrastructure: Working in food production, distribution and sale; construction; building
management and maintenance; airport operations; operation and maintenance of utilities, including water,
sewer, and gas; electrical; distribution centers; oil and biofuel refining; roads, highways, railroads, and public
transportation; ports; cybersecurity operations; flood control; solid waste and recycling collection and
removal; and internet, video, and telecommunications systems.