Recreation & Community
400 University Ave.
Los Altos, CA 94022
CONTRACT AGREEMENT FOR SPECIAL SERVICES
After School Junior High Sports Program
The following is an Agreement between the City of Los Altos, California, hereinafter referred to as
"City" and the independent contract Sports Coordinator named below for the purpose of providing
a service requiring specific knowledge and/or technical qualifications. The City shall pay
Coordinator for all services to be performed by Coordinator hereunder; terms described below.
1. PROGRAM FORMAT - The City of Los Altos Recreation Department, in cooperation with the
Los Altos School District, provides for an after-school sports program at both Blach and Egan
Junior High Schools. Blach and Egan participate in the Valley Junior High School Athletic League,
which includes schools in Los Altos, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Cupertino and Saratoga.
2. Coordinator understands that City may cancel this Agreement at any time should enrollment be
insufficient, or should funds or facilities become unavailable, or should the Coordinator fail to
perform the services to the satisfaction of the City and that the City shall not be liable for
compensation to the Coordinator for the remainder of the Agreement should be cancelled.
2. It is understood and agreed that the Coordinator, in the performance of this contract, is an
independent contract Coordinator and not an employee of the City of Los Altos. Coordinator
understands that he/she also represents the Los Altos School District when on their school
premises or escorting their students to away games.
3. LIABILITY - Coordinator agrees to be solely responsible for all hazards, damages and injuries,
which Coordinator, or his or her property, may receive in the course of performing this contract,
and waives all rights, whether known or unknown, to claim damages therefore from the City of
Los Altos or its officers, agents or employees.
4. Coordinator further agrees to defend, indemnify and hold the City of Los Altos and its officers,
agents and employees, free and harmless from any liabilities, claims or damages caused by, arising
out of, or in any relation to the performance by Coordinator of services or otherwise relating to or
arising from this Agreement.
5. Coordinator understands the City of Los Altos has no accident or Worker's Compensation
insurance for persons performing services as and independent Coordinator.
6. TERM – Coordinator agrees to accurately complete a contract per sport and provide it to the
Sport Coordinator at your school site prior to the beginning of the designated season. The term of
the contract shall be the length of the sport season scheduled by the Valley Junior High School
Athletic League, including all finals should the team advance.