PARKING AND TRAFFIC CONTROL:
Authorization and Traffic Control from the Marco Island Police Department may be required for certain events.
❑ Undeveloped; site plan indicates designated parking areas.
❑ Developed; site plan must indicate adequate parking for the special event plus a proposal for
additional parking if deemed necessary by the Special Event Team.
❑ Parking within Right-Of-Way; site plan indicating parking within Right-of-way. Approval required by Police
Department. Traffic control may be required by the Police Department.
BANNER OR SIGN:
Section 30-795 of the Marco Island City Codes allows one temporary sign or banner in conjunction with a
temporary use permit (2 signs are allowed for properties with more than 1 street frontage). MAXIMUM SIZE = 32
square feet. WIND SIGNS (including balloons, streamers, rotating devices and unofficial flags) ARE PROHIBITED.
❑ No, I will not be using a Banner
❑ Yes, I will be using a Banner Where? (Please include written description of the locations of banner)
EVENT DIRECTIONAL SIGNS: A t e m p o r a r y si g n i n t en d e d t o d i r e c t p e d e s t r i an s , m o t o r i s t s , a n d
o t h e r p a s s e r by t o a n y a s se m b l y , g a t h e r i n g , a c t i v i t y , o r m e e t i n g . In conjunction with an
approved temporary use permit for a community or special event, off-premise directional signs, not to
exceed 5 signs, may be placed within the right-of-way subject to the following criteria:
1. A written description indicating off-site directional sign locations must be included with the permit
2. Directional signs must be a minimum size of 18” x 24” and a maximum size of 24” x 32”.
3. It is recommended that the signs be blue with white lettering, however, directional signs may be any
single color background with any single color copy.
4. The signs shall be professional in appearance and shall include the special event permit number, which
may be placed on back of sign.
5. Signs may not be erected prior to 5 days including the day or days of the scheduled event and must be
removed within 24 hours of the completion of the event.
6. Signs may not be located within medians, attached to traffic control signs or other authorized highway
signs. Signs shall be located a minimum distance of 30 feet from street intersection and a minimum
distance of 6 feet from the edge of pavement or 3 feet from the back of a curb. The bottom of all signs
shall be a minimum of 12 inches above existing ground and the top of the sign shall not exceed a
distance of 5 feet above the existing ground.
❑ No, I will not be using Directional Signs
❑ Yes, I will be using Directional Signs Where? (Please include written description of the locations of signs)
Please indicate the dates for your signage: From: / / to / / .
❑ Existing ❑ Additional lighting indicated on site plan.
NOISE: Note: (excluding some holidays) Approval for Noise will not be approved after 10pm and before 8am.
❑ No music or noise proposed
from: AM/PM to: AM/PM