PROTECTED (When Complete)
EXAMINATION IN SUPPORT OF RENEWAL OF EDO CERTIFICATION
SURNAME AND GIVEN NAME(s) to appear on photo ID card
Clients and applicants must respond to NRCan NDTCB communication in a timely manner, and inform the NRCan NDTCB of any changes to address and
contact information. Clients and applicants are also responsible for regularly checking their email for communication from the NRCan NDTCB.
• A candidate who fails to obtain the pass grade for an examination is allowed two re-examination attempts; re-examinations can take place no earlier than
30 days from the date of the last examination.
• After three (3) unsuccessful examination attempts, the candidate must complete a 40 hour vocational training course prior to re-examination and submit
proof of the training to the NRCan NDTCB.
• To apply for a re-examination, please ll out page 1 of the “Application Form for Exposure Device Operator Written Examination”, check “Re-Examination”
and provide the appropriate examination fee. Please submit your application by mail, fax or email. Please do not submit credit card information by
• If you are required to renew your EDO certication, please contact the CNSC to obtain information regarding all requirements and pre-requisites (including
whether you are required to complete the written EDO examination) prior to contacting the NRCan NDTCB.
• If you are required to pass the written EDO examination in order to qualify for CEDO renewal with CNSC, please submit a signed and completed
“Application Form for Exposure Device Operator Written Examination,” check “
Examination in support of renewal” on page 1, and include the
appropriate examination fee. You may submit new photos if required (see checklist on page 2), and you are not required to submit identication documents.
Please submit your application by mail, fax or email. Please do not submit credit card information by email.
• As applications are processed in arrival sequence, processing times may vary depending on the volume of applications received and are not guaranteed.
Incomplete documentation or complexity of routine verications and checks may also lead to longer processing times.
• Please allow two (2) working weeks for the NDTCB to properly process an application form after it has been received by our ofce.
• The NRCan NDTCB makes all reasonable efforts to ensure candidate applications, examination requests and certication submissions are completed as
per service standard targets. Despite these efforts the occurrence of errors, omissions and delays cannot be completely ruled out and the NRCan NDTCB
is not responsible for any direct and indirect costs, expenses or delays which may arise.
The NRCan NDTCB is committed to protecting your privacy whether you are an existing client or a new applicant. All personal information created, held,
or collected by the Government of Canada is protected under the federal Privacy Act. Our ofce will ensure that collected personal information and any
communications between the NDTCB and their clients or applicants are considered condential, protected, and are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient
to fulll certication program requirements. Personal information is collected as stated in NRCan’s Info Source (P
AA 3.1.2 – Materials and Certication for Safety
and Security - Bank Number: NRCan PPU 015).
• Payment of fees does not complete or guarantee the application and examination process.
• Approval to write the examination is granted only after payment of required fees and completion, verication and NRCan NDTCB approval of the application
and all requisites.
• The candidate is responsible to ensure all requisites/requirements have been met prior to examination.
• Applications are subject to current NRCan NDTCB policies, procedures and fees.
• Any misrepresentation or falsication on the required documents may result in the rejection of the application or the voiding of examination results.
For complete information on the EDO written examination, please visit the NRCan NDTCB Website.
For a change of name you must provide a status update to the NRCan NDTCB by supplying a new signature as well as any supporting documents (i.e. copy of
government issued ID) that can be used to support your request.
You must sign your usual signature on page 2, as it will appear on your photo ID card. Your signature
must not exceed the inner limits of the signature box.
I have read and understood the information stated on this page and I am submitting my application accordingly. Yes
Applying by mail/courier Applying by email
NRCan National Non-Destructive Testing Certication Body
CanmetMATERIALS, Natural Resources Canada
183 Longwood Road South, Ofce 120
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, L8P 0A5
(Please do not submit credit card information or photographs by email.)
Applying by fax
Fax number: 905-645-0836
Contacting us by telephone
Phone Number: 1-866-858-0473 or 905-645-0653
NRCan NDTCB website
Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC)
Personnel Certication Division
P.O. Box 1046, Station B, 280 Slater Street, Ottawa, ON, K1P 5S9
Contacting the CNSC
Telephone: (800) 668-5284 Fax: (613) 995-5086
NRCan National NDT Certication Body (NDTCB)
8.2.1-013 Application Form for Exposure Device Operator Written Examination
Aussi accessible en français
Page 3 of 3
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED TO CNSC BY APPLICANT AFTER SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF EDO WRITTEN EXAMINATION
• Copy of ofcial successful examination results letter from the NRCan NDTCB.
• Certication training and application requirements as outlined on the CNSC’s website (http://cnsc.gc.ca).