9. ____________________________ _________________________ � Yes � No
10. ____________________________ _________________________ � Yes � No
Requirements for Active Status
The following items are required for chartered co-curriculars, organizations and clubs (CCOC) at Lower
Columbia College. Failure to comply with these regulations may result in financial penalties, loss of
College privileges or revocation of chartered status by ASLCC.
1. Membership and participation within a CCOC must be free from discrimination based upon race,
color, religion, age, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation or veteran status, pursuant to
the College’s Policy on non-discrimination.
2. Each CCOC must have a full-time faculty or staff advisor actively involved with the group. All
Advisor Responsibilities must be followed.
3. All mandatory events and deadlines must be met.
4. All travel procedures, spending of service and activities funds, document processes and timelines
must be followed accordingly. Please refer to the Club Advisor Information
page for details
regarding room scheduling, booking speakers/entertainment, and travel procedures.
5. A minimum of 5 service and activity fee paying students must be members of the club at all
times. If the number drops below 5 during the quarter the CCOC has until the next quarter to
have 5 active service and activity fee paying members before it becomes inactive.
6. The CCOC must be active in at least one ASLCC Student Government sponsored event per
academic year (i.e. Red Devil Days and Harvest Fest).
Provisions for Inactive Status
Inactive Status means a CCOC is no longer a recognized chartered club. They lose all CCOC privileges
including room scheduling, supplies, event promotion, etc. The CCOC surrenders the balance of its funds
(if applicable) and cannot apply for funds for the rest of the academic year. If the CCOC has a current
budget the funds will be placed into the ASLCC Student Government Contingency. Any CCOC that has
become Inactive may appeal its status by reapplying and attending an ASLCC Executive Council Meeting
to present why they should be reinstated. A CCOC may be declared inactive by the Director of Student
Programs if any one of the following conditions exists:
1. Failure to comply with the above Requirements for Active Status.
2. Failure to comply with College policies including travel documentation, spending of state allocated
funds and compliance with the College’s nondiscrimination policy.
3. The CCOC advisor steps down from their duties and a replacement is not found within that
You must include a completed and signed Advisor Responsibilities document with this
application when you turn it in.
If approved, the ASLCC Club Chair will email approval of the chartered CCOC to the student
initiator’s email address as well as the advisor’s email address.
Questions? Contact Us
• ASLCC Club Chair, 360-442-2450, LCC Student Center Student Government Offices (2
• Assistant Director of Student Programs, 360-442-2443, Student Center 209C (2
• Director of Student Programs, 360-442-2441, Student Center 209B (2