COLLEGE OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE
GRADUATE MENTORING AWARD
Call for Nominations
Graduate students are invited to nominate a faculty member within the College of
Biological Science who has demonstrated excellence and/or innovation in the supervision
and mentorship of graduate trainees.
Nominations will be evaluated on the following criteria:
1) quality of the graduate training environment provided by the nominee (*see below)
2) impact on graduate students
3) commitment and dedication to training and mentoring
* Quality of the graduate training environment can include, but is not limited to, the following: (i) opportunities for
regular interaction with advisor; (ii) opportunities to participate in outreach activities and/or conferences, and to
interact with collaborators/partners/stakeholders, and (iii) development of professional skills needed in research or
other career paths, and/or encouragement of students to pursue additional training activities as appropriate.
A nomination package should include the following:
1) Nomination form (provided below)
2) Cover letter from nominator (must be a current or former graduate student) with a statement of
recommendation that speaks to the evaluation criteria outlined above
3) A minimum of two support letters, and no more than five. At least one letter must be from a
current or former graduate student. Additional letters may be provided, as appropriate, by other
students, faculty, staff, alumni, administrators, and external partners or collaborators.
mination packages are due to the CBS Associate Dean Academic Office no later than
October 21st, 2019