CAMPUS EMERGENCY REMOTE WORK AGREEMENT
I. General Work Arrangement
1. This is a temporary agreement due to a campus emergency between ______________________ and
________________________ to establish the terms and conditions for performing work at an alternate
2. This agreement begins on ____________ and continues until ____________. The parties
acknowledge that the employee’s work quality, efficiency, and productivity are not compromised by
the arrangement described herein. The details of this remote work arrangement are as outlined in
Appendix A. The employee will maintain a record of work hours and work performed for the duration
of this arrangement using Appendix B.
3. While remote working, employee will:
a. remain accessible during the remote work schedule;
b. check in with the supervisor to discuss status and open issues;
c. be available for teleconferences, scheduled on an as-needed basis;
d. request supervisor approval in advance of working any overtime hours (if employee is non-
e. request supervisor approval to use vacation, sick, or other leave in the same manner as when
working at employee’s regular work location.
4. Employee’s duties, obligations, responsibilities, and conditions of employment with the University
remain unchanged except those responsibilities specifically addressed in this agreement. Any
alterations in FTE or job responsibilities will be denoted in Appendix A. Job responsibilities, standards
of performance, and performance appraisals remain the same as if working at the regular University
work site. The supervisor reserves the right to assign work as necessary at any remote work site.
5. The parties acknowledge that this agreement may be evaluated on an ongoing basis to ensure that
Employee’s work quality, efficiency, and productivity are not compromised by the remote
arrangement described herein.
6. Employee agrees to protect University-owned equipment, records, and materials from unauthorized
or accidental access, use, modification, destruction, or disclosure. The precautions described in this
agreement apply regardless of the storage media on which information is maintained, the locations
where the information is stored, the systems used to process the information, or the process by which
the information is stored.
7. Out of pocket expenses for supplies normally available through the University will not be reimbursed.
The University will not be responsible for operating costs, home maintenance, or any other incidental
cost associated with the use of the home as an alternate work location. The employee must maintain
the ability to connect to the University’s network with a sufficient bandwidth to perform the job duties.
8. Employee understands that some information (electronic and hard copy) used in their work may be
deemed confidential by the University and will apply the University’s confidentiality and document