Process to Withdraw for Texas A&M University-Kingsville
Students Called to Active Military Service
(Undergraduates or Graduates)
1. The student will initiate the process by contacting the Office of the Registrar and obtaining a withdrawal form and an
information sheet on his/her options.
If the student is still on campus following the call up notice, he/she will go to the Office of the Registrar to initiate the
process. If the orders require the student to leave campus hurriedly without having time to initiate the withdrawal process,
the student is to contact the Office of the Registrar by telephone (361-593-2811), fax a written request (361-593-2195) or
email (email@example.com) and execute the withdrawal process in that manner as soon as possible. The student is
expected to provide the Office of the Registrar with a copy of the written orders. In case the student does not have
written orders at the time of withdrawal, he/she shall be asked to fax (361-593-2195) a copy of those orders to the Office of
the Registrar as soon as possible.
2. After conferring with their academic dean and/or instructors as to the option most appropriate to their situation, the student
will be asked to select ONE of the following two options:
a. Record an “Incomplete” grade (WM) at the end of the semester, in order to allow the student to complete the course
requirements upon return from active duty. (As determined by the instructor, the student may be assigned an
appropriate final grade if the instructor determines that the student has satisfactorily completed a substantial amount of
coursework and has demonstrated sufficient mastery of the course material.) Under this option, no refund of tuition and
required fees will be provided; however, a prorated refund of charges for optional services will be made (meal plans,
residence halls, etc.).
b. Drop all courses for the semester with no record. A full refund of tuition and required fees and a prorated refund of
charges for optional services will be made (meal plans, residence halls, etc.). This second option eliminates any
obligation for the student to complete the course requirements upon return from active duty.
Note: In making the choice above, the student is not to be permitted to select some courses for “incomplete” status and
others for “no record” drop. The choice of either “incomplete” or “no record drop” must apply to all courses for which the
student is currently enrolled.
3. The Office of the Registrar will provide the Academic Dean’s office with a copy of the form indicating the student’s decision
and a copy of the student’s orders.
4. The Registrar will withdraw the student using the appropriate code (WM). The Registrar will ensure the following
departments are aware of the “withdraw” if the student did not complete the withdraw process while on campus: Student
Health and Wellness, Financial Aid, Business Office, University Housing, Dean of Students and the Dean of the student’s
5. Should the student wish to continue his/her education at A&M-Kingsville after the completion of active duty service and it is
within a year of his/her release date, the student will not have to apply for readmission. After the year, he/she may have to
apply for readmission but will not be charged an application fee if admitted at the same level.
6. For those students requesting “Incompletes”, the University will extend the time allotted to them to complete the course
requirements through the end of the first long semester (Fall or Spring) in which they enroll following their return from active
duty. If a student’s active duty tour is extended, the student may wish to change the courses from “incomplete” to
“withdrawal”. Since this is very case specific, it will be administered on a case-by-case basis. The student will be required to
notify the Registrar in writing of the change in his/her option.
7. Questions regarding this process should be directed to the Office of the Registrar at 361-593-2811.
THIS FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR!