(AB 540 as amended by Education Code section 68130.5, Effective Jan. 1, 2018)
Complete and sign this form to request exemption from nonresident tuition charged to nonresident students.
Once determined to be eligible, you will continue to receive the exemption as long as you fulfill eligibility
requirements or until the College or University no longer offers this exemption. Applying for this exemption
does not alter your responsibility to pay, by the campus deadline, any nonresident tuition and associated fees
that may be due before your eligibility is determined.
I, the undersigned, am applying for the California Nonresident Tuition Exemption at (specify the College or
University) and declare that the following apply to me.
1.) Check one box only:
I have a current nonimmigrant visa (not including a T and U visa) as defined by federal law.
Nonimmigrants have been admitted to the U.S. on a temporary visa and include, but are not limited to, foreign students (holding
F visas) and exchange visitors (holding J visas).
I have a current nonimmigrant visa as defined by federal law and have been granted T or U visa status.
I do NOT have a current, nonimmigrant visa as defined by federal law.
This includes, among others, U.S. citizens, permanent residents, DACA recipients, and individuals without current or valid
immigration status.
2.) Select all items that apply to you from each column:
Column A
I attended a California high school for three (3)
years or more.
I have three (3) or more years of high school
coursework and attended a combination of
California elementary, secondary, and high
school of three (3) years or more.
I attended a combination of California high
school, adult school, and community college for
the equivalent of three (3) years or more.*
Column B
I graduated with a California high school
diploma (or expect to graduate and use this
exemption in the following year) or have the
equivalent (i.e. California-issued GED, CHSPE).
I completed an associate’s degree from
California Community College.
I completed the minimum requirements at a
California Community College for transfer to
the California State University or the University
of California.
*A year’s equivalence at a California community college is either a minimum of 24 semester units of credit or 54 quarter
units. For noncredit courses, a year’s attendance is a minimum of 840 semester hours or 1,890 quarter hours. Full-time
attendance at a California adult school is a minimum of 420 hours of attendance for each school year.
3041 West Avenue K
Lancaster, CA 93536
(661) 722-6300 x6504
3041 West Avenue K
Lancaster, CA 93536
(661) 722-6300 x6504
Please provide information on the schools you attended and referenced above, including the dates you
attended and the number of credits or hours obtained:
Name of CA School Type of School
(high school, adult
school or community
City From
Number of
Credits or
Applicants must submit, as part of this form, official transcripts/attendance records that validate any of the
information above as requested by the College, District, or University residence official.
By signing this document below, I hereby state that if I am a non-citizen without a current or valid immigration
status, I have filed an application to legalize my immigration status or will file an application as soon as I am
eligible to do so.
I, the undersigned, declare under penalty of perjury that the information I have provided on this form is true
and accurate. I understand that this information will be used to determine my eligibility for the California
Nonresident Tuition Exemption. I further understand that if any of the above information is found to be false, I
will be liable for payment of all nonresident tuition charges from which I was exempted and may be subject to
disciplinary action by the College or University.