1 February 2017
DIVISION OF COMMUNITY FORESTRY
METRO HALL 527 WEST JEFFERSON STREET, SUITE 606 LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY 40202
Bulk Planting Permit Application
For Planting 10 or More Trees in the
Louisville Metro Right of Way
1. Submit application along with required planting plan information to
CommunityForestry@louisvilleky.gov. Emails need to be titled as follows:
“Bulk Planting Permit Application: [name of organization]”,
ex: Bulk Planting Permit Application: South Hampton HOA.
Applications must be submitted thirty (30) calendar days prior to planting date(s) for review and
2. The Division of Community Forestry has twenty (20) calendar days from the date application is
received via email to review application along with required information and request additional
3. The Division of Community Forestry has twenty-five (25) calendar days to issue permit if applicable.
Permits are only valid for the planting season that they are issued. If planting season ends prior to
work being performed, person and/or organization are required to re-apply for a valid permit.
(Planting season is from September to April yearly.)
1. Application information (page 2).
2. List of Tree Locations (page 3):
• Addresses adjacent to the public right of way with property owners printed name,
• Location of tree (ex. tree well, ROW in front of house, ROW side of house),
• Species and caliper size to be planted,
• Overhead utility conflicts, and
• Length and width of green verge (curb to sidewalk) or tree well. (If the green verge meets the
private property without presence of an impervious surface, state “Continuous”).
3. Signed Division of Community Forestry Third Party Memorandum of Agreement (DCF Form_0006)
which acknowledges city ordinance and abutting property owner’s liability.
4. Map of area planting is to take place in. Each map needs to visibly show streets, property addresses
numbers, and proposed tree site (Recommend using LOJIC Online Map: