Applicant Details (see note 1)
Postcode: Tel: Email:
Agent Details (if applicable)
Postcode: Tel: Email:
Location to which work relates
Address: Postcode:
Proposed Work
Use of Building
State Present Use:
State Proposed Use:
Domestic Electrical Works
Indicate whether you intend to use a registered Part P electrical installer
(If NO, arrangements should be made for inspection and test by a competent electrician)
Fees Please call 01536 534250 for a hassle-free, quick and easy quote
Building Notice Statement
This notice is given in relation to the building work as described, and is submitted in accordance with
Regulation 12(2)(a) and is accompanied by the appropriate fee.
Signature: Date:
Building Control, Municipal Offices,
Bowling Green Road, Kettering, NN15 7QX
For assistance please call the Building Control team direct on 01536 534250
Kettering Borough Council is committed to protecting your privacy when using our services. Before completing this
form, please read our Privacy Notice at which tells you how we
use your information, who we may share it with and why. It also details what you can do if you have any concerns
and how to request the information we hold about you.
The Building Act 1984
The Building Regulations 2010
This form is to be completed by the person(s) intending to carry out building work or their agent.
Application Reference Number:
(Office use only)
. | |
What should be submitted to the Local
Authority before commencing work
These notes are for general guidance only
A Building Notice shall cease to have effect from 3 years after
it is given to the Local Authority unless the work has been
commenced before the expiry of that period.
Particulars regarding the submission of Building Notices are
contained in Regulation 13 of the Building Regulations 2010 and,
in respect of charges, in the Council's Scheme of Charges.
Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 applies to all
premises that are "workplaces" and imposes a duty on the
responsible person to comply with its requirements.
Workplace includes any premises or parts of premises, not
being domestic premises, used for the purposes of an employer's
undertaking and which are made available to an employee as
a place of work.
Electrical Work
Electrical work carried out in 'dwellings' must be notified to the
Local Building Control Body. The notification must be made before
the work starts, unless it is to be carried out by a competent
person who is on an Approved Register and who is capable or
self-certifying their own work.
Fee Quote
The factors taken into account in determining this Building
Regulation fee quotation are those set out in The Building
(Local Authority Charges) Regulations 2010 Section 7(5),
and based solely on the information provided by the customer at
the time of quotation. This quotation may be subject to amendment
if there are any significant inaccuracies in the information
provided to us to determine this quote.
Before you undertake any work, you, or your agent (i.e builder,
architect etc.) must advise the Local Authority either by
submitting Full Plans for approval or through a Building Notice
The Building Regulations Application
Section 16 of the Building Act 1984 provides for the passing of
plans subject to conditions.
The conditions may specify modifications to the deposited plans
and/or that further plans shall be deposited.
Persons proposing to carry out building work, or make a
material change of use of a building, are reminded that
permissions may be required under Town & Country Planning
Acts. Telephone 01536 534316
A completion certificate will be provided following satisfactory
completion of the building work
A Building Notice/Full Plans application shall cease to have effect
from 3 years after the acceptance/approval date by the
Local Authority unless the work has commenced before the
expiry of that period.
The Building Notice Application
Where the proposed work includes the erection of a new building
or extension this notice shall be accompanied by the following
A block plan to scale of not less than 1:1250 showing:
(1) The size and position of the building, or the building as
extended, and its relationship to adjoining boundaries,
together with any other building within that curtilage: (2) the
provision to be made for drainage of the building or
extension: (3) Where it is proposed to erect the building or
extension over a sewer or drain shown on the relative map of
public sewers, the precautions to be taken in building over a
sewer or drain.
The Building Regulations Charges
The charge for a Building Notice application must be paid when
the notice is submitted to the Council.
All charges are subject to VAT at the appropriate rate.
Should you require clarification relating to any part of this form,
further information and advice concerning Building Regulations
and Planning matter may be obtained from your Local Authority