CITY OF GLEN COVE
9 Glen Street, Glen Cove, NY 11542
SIDEWALK / OUTDOOR CAFÉ LICENSE
DATE: ____________________________ EXPIRATION DATE: ________________________________
LICENSEE: ____________________________ ADDRESS: ________________________________
YOU ARE HEREBY LICENSED TO OFFER TEMPORARY SIDEWALK / OUTDOOR CAFE SEATING,
SUBJECT TO ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED HEREIN AND CHAPTER 200 OF THE
CITY CODE OF THE CITY OF GLEN COVE, A COPY OF WHICH HAS BEEN PROVIDED TO YOU.
1. No more than three (3) tables, each no greater than 30 inches in width or diameter and only six (6) seats shall be
permitted; If more tables are requested, a complete floor plan layout of the requested seating arrangement to be
submitted and review on site by the Building Department. In no event shall the operation of the Outdoor Café
interfere with the passage of pedestrian or vehicular traffic, or reduce the open portion of the public sidewalk to less
than five (5) feet, clear of all obstructions, measured from edge of the sidewalk closest to the curb, lamppost or
2. All tables, chairs and other equipment shall be constructed and set up in such a manner as to be easily removed
during the off season or any other time required by the City of Glen Cove. Seating and tables shall be removed from
the sidewalks each night immediately at 11 p.m. or close of business, whichever sooner, whether on private property
or not. In no cases shall tables and chairs be placed outside before the start of business.
3. The sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages in the Sidewalk / Outdoor Café shall be restricted by the liquor
license governing the restaurant.
4. The Sidewalk / Outdoor Café shall not be detrimental to the health, safety, morals or general welfare of persons
residing or working in the vicinity.
5. A Sidewalk / Outdoor Café may only be open between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. on any day.
6. Seating and tables shall only be permitted immediately adjacent to a store front and shall not occupy more than 40
square feet along any store front sidewalk or walkway whether or not on private property.
7. A Sidewalk / Outdoor Café must be located on an impervious surface.
8. No food may be stored, cooked or otherwise prepared in the Sidewalk / Outdoor Café
9. No soiled food service equipment, utensils or tableware may be kept in the Sidewalk / Outdoor Café.
10. No alcoholic beverages shall be prepared in the Sidewalk / Outdoor Café.
11. No music or entertainment shall be permitted in the Sidewalk / Outdoor Café.
12. No seating is permitted in any parking space or parking lot required as off street parking unless duly approved by the