Banking Scavenger Hunt Name___________________________
Go to CNN Money 101 to find the answers to the following questions.
1. The federal government insures bank accounts against loss up to $_____________.
2. The “catch” with putting your money in a CD is:
3. The average fee banks charge you to use another institution’s ATM is $__________
on top of the average $___________ the other institution will charge you to use its
4. You can bank without a bank. Explain what this statement means and list three
5. A fall 2009 survey from Bankrate.com found the average balance required for a no-
fee, interest-bearing account was $____________ if you want to avoid monthly fees.
6. True/False All no-fee accounts limit the number of checks you may write and charge
high fees if you exceed that limit. (If the statement is false, re-write it to make it true.)
7. If you use ATMs frequently, why is it important to be sure your bank has ATMs
conveniently located near you?
8. True/False All banking customers get the same fees no matter what. Explain your