BYLAW / RULE VIOLATION COMPLAINT PROTOCOL
Section 135 of the Strata Property Act holds the Strata Corporation responsible to enforce the
Strata Bylaws / Rules. The Strata Property Act also requires that Bylaw / Rule violation
complaints must be received in writing. In order to assist Residents that are initiating complaints
of Bylaw / Rule violations, please follow the protocol below:
1) First, refer to your Strata Corporation Bylaws and Rules to ascertain that a Bylaw / Rule
violation has occurred. If there is no applicable Bylaw / Rule violated, the Strata Property
Act does not allow for the Strata Corporation to take action.
2) Please complete all sections of the “Bylaw / Rule Violations Complaint Form” (Complaint
Form). Try to be certain that the unit number from which the violation has occurred is
correct. Not all buildings automatically have the same unit numbers directly above and
3) Upon receipt of the Complaint Form and verification that a valid Bylaw / Rule violation has
occurred, a “Bylaw / Rule Violation Letter” will be sent to the alleged violator. At this point,
the term “alleged” must be used as there may be a unit error or some other
4) Allow time for the letter to be received and complied with (recommended two week
period), then if the same Bylaw / Rule violation occurs again, it becomes necessary to fill
in another Complaint Form. Be sure and mark the box identifying this as a “repeat offense”
and re-send it to The Wynford Group.
5) Upon receipt of the Complaint Form with the repeat offence details, a “Bylaw / Rule
Violation Fine Letter” will be sent. Be aware that Section 135 of the Strata Property Act
allows the recipient the right to request a hearing before Council.
Please submit the completed Bylaw / Rule Violation Form to our office by mail or by email
Our office will re-direct your application to the Strata Manager of your property.
Enclosure – Bylaw / Rule Violation Form