Division of Building Services, 785-309-5715
Egress Window Permit
Applicant Please Complete Items 1-9
Address (where the egress window will be installed) Legal Description of Property (Lot, Block, Subdivision)
Owner of Record (of property) Mailing Address, City, State, Zip Phone
General Contractor’s Company Name Mailing Address, City, State, Zip Phone License #
5. CHECKLIST –ALL QUESTIONS MUST BE ANSWERED
Flood Plain/Flood Fringe?
(If yes, BFE determination required)
Location of Egress Window (side,
Was home constructed prior to 1978?
If yes, PRE applies—CRN and LPN forms required
Base Flood Elevation (BFE)
Location and Size of Easements
CRN copy rec’d
LPN Affidavit rec’d
6. Applicant’s Name_____________________ 7. Phone Number_____________ 8. Email:________________________________
Applicant Please Read
I hereby certify that I have read and examined this application and know the same to be true and correct. All provisions of laws and ordinances governing this type of work
will be complied with whether specified herein or not. The granting of a permit does not presume to give authority to violate or cancel the provisions of any other state or
local law regulating construction or the performance of construction.
9. Signature of Applicant:_________________________________________________________ Date:________________
Staff use only
Application Accepted By:______________________________ Date:______________ Permit Number__________________
Requirements/Conditions for Egress Window Permit:
1. Deviation from the approved plan/permit is prohibited without prior written approval by the Building Official.
2. Note the smoke detector letter attached to this permit.
3. A separate building permit is required prior to finishing the basement.
4. Provide a permanent ladder if window well is more than 44” deep. Provide at least a 36”X36” space for vertical access.
5. Egress windows installed in buildings in the flood plain shall have the top of the window well elevated above the base
flood elevation. An elevation certificate shall be submitted prior to the final inspection.
6. A final inspection is required. The contractor as named on the issued permit shall request/schedule this inspection.
7. Provide window well drainage per 2012 IRC, Sec. 310.2.2
8. An exterior GFCI outlet is required within 6 feet of pump location.
Approved By: ____________________ Date: ________ Permit Fee: ________ Receipt #__________ Date Issued:__________
Keep this permit readily available for the inspector to sign at time of final inspection and then keep in your permanent records
Final Inspection Date: __________ Inspector’s Signature _____________________________________________________
(Inspector: Do not sign unless inspection results in an approval of all issues related to the installation of this egress window) - BLF – 035.2 Rev. 01-18
click to sign
click to edit