Submission of Application Materials:
Submit the materials listed below. (For any clarifications or questions related to the submission process,
contact Chris Carson, Art Department Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
1. Submit 10-15 examples of work in JPG or PDF format.
• JPEGS should be 72 dpi and no larger than 1240 pixels in any dimension and no larger
• Please make sure the images are clear and files are labeled. Any images that are illegible
will not be reviewed.
• Select work that best demonstrates technical, conceptual and aesthetic proficiency.
Including some work created from observation is highly encouraged. Give yourself enough
time to properly photograph your work. Make sure digital images have excellent focus,
lighting, and are cropped to exclude unnecessary information. Good work that is poorly
documented equals unacceptable work in a review process.
2. Submit a separate image checklist that indicates title, medium, size, and date for each work
submitted. For works that require an explanation, you may include a brief narrative after the
information for that particular piece.
3. Submit a well-written, grammatically correct, concise one-page statement addressing the
A. Your reasons for applying to the BFA program.
B. Your past experiences in art. How have these experiences influenced your decision
to pursue a BFA degree?
C. Who has inspired you as an artist and why?
4. Academic Record: Submit an official transcript or a copy of your current Degree Audit with
your major GPA and overall GPA marked with a highlighter marker.
5. Two letters of recommendation.
6. Complete and submit the “Application and Application Checklist”
Use one of the following methods to submit your application:
1) Zip documents, photographs, and scans and email single zip file to the Art Dept
Chair at email@example.com
2) Combine all documents, photographs, and scans into 1-2 MB complete PDF file and
email to the Art Dept Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Send files to Art Dept Chair at email@example.com using file-transfer tool such
as Dropbox, WeTransfer, Box, Sendspace, etc.