9. For each type of student listed below please indicate about how many received individualized instruction (i.e., tutoring, independent study,
directed readings) from you in a typical week during the past five academic years. Also, indicate the average number of contact hours per
week that you spent providing individualized instruction to each type of student. (Please give your best estimate for an average week)
# of Students Receiving # of Hours of Individualized Instruction
Individual Instruction (not including e-mail and online instruction)
10. During the past five academic years, about how many graduate or undergraduate thesis committees, comprehensive exams or orals did you
chair or serve on at this institution?
Served as Chair Served as Member
Graduate Thesis Committees
Undergraduate Thesis Committees
Comprehensive Exams or Orals Committees
11. Approximately how many office hours per week do you hold?
12. In addition to your scheduled office hours, about how many hours per week do you spend with students outside of
class, in person or by phone?
13. About how many hours per week do you spend in electronic communication with your students, including e-mail and
14. About how many students do you counsel and advise per term?