Application for Suspension
A membership can be suspended for the following circumstances:
1. Financial hardship: suspensions are available for a minimum period of three months and a maximum period of
12 months. There is a limit of 3 ﬁnancial hardship suspensions over the lifetime of a membership. Suspension
pre-existing condition waiting periods will apply upon reactivation of policy (see below for further information).
2. Overseas travel: suspensions are available for a minimum period of one month and a maximum period of 24 months.
Suspension pre-existing condition waiting periods will apply upon reactivation of policy (see below for further
3. Overseas ADF postings: suspensions are available for a minimum period of one month and a maximum period of 24
months initially. This can be reviewed if the posting is extended. To avoid any waits on reactivation, the membership must
recommence on the day you return to Australia. An International Record of Movement will be requested for each covered
adult upon reactivation of membership.
4. ADF Member: suspensions are available to persons that are returning to full time service in the Australian Defence Force.
To avoid any waits on reactivation, your cover must commence the day after your full time service is completed.
Member First Name
Are all persons covered under the membership applying for suspension? Yes No Please call 1300 306 289
Suspension Start Date / / Suspension End Date / /
I declare that my membership with Navy Health is paid to or in advance of the requested date of suspension.
The Navy Health membership commenced at least 12 months prior to my suspension start date. I have read and
understood the Terms & Conditions related to the suspension of my Navy Health insurance policy.
Member’s Signature Date
Terms and Conditions
• Your membership must be ﬁnancial and fully paid up to the date of suspension
• Your membership must have commenced at least 12 months prior to suspension date
• Your membership has been active for a minimum period of 6 months following a previous suspension (if applicable)
• Both covers must be suspended if you hold hospital and ancillary cover – partial suspensions are not permitted. Individual
members can be suspended on a policy.
• Upon resumption, a 12 month pre-existing condition (PEC) waiting period may apply for any condition that arose during
your suspension period. PEC waits apply to Hospital cover only.
• Beneﬁts are not payable whilst suspended.
Please complete and return to email@example.com