Student Rights and Responsibilities
Participation in DSPS is entirely voluntary, and does not prevent a student from also participating in any
other course, program, or activity offered by Woodland Community College. All records maintained by
DSPS, relating to a student’s disability, shall be protected from disclosure, according to FERPA privacy
laws and CA Ed Code.
Students Have the Right to
1. Receive academic accommodations as documented in their DSPS Academic Accommodation
Plan (AAP) after the plan has been shared with an instructor.
2. File a complaint or appeal through the student grievances and appeals process if the student
believes he/she has been denied adequate or appropriate accommodations or has been
discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Students Do NOT Have the Right to
1. Receive a passing grade simply because they have an Academic Accommodation Plan (AAP) or
2. Receive accommodations that fundamentally alter the nature of a program, course, or activity.
Students Have the Responsibility to
1. Provide DSPS with the necessary information, documentation, and paperwork to verify the
2. Meet with a DSPS professional to participate in an interactive process to determine the student’s
eligibility for DSPS and to develop a personalized Academic Accommodation Plan (AAP).
3. Complete and submit the paperwork required by DSPS relating to the student’s approved
4. Request accommodations from DSPS in a timely manner each semester and to provide
documentation of disability-related accommodations to instructors.
5. Make progress toward their educational goals, and utilize supportive resources (such as
supplemental instruction, tutoring, the RAWC, etc.) when needed.
6. Comply with the Student Code of Conduct for Woodland Community College.
7. Comply with the policies and rules established by DSPS.
I have read and agree to the above information, and I grant permission for information from this
application to be shared, on my behalf, with WCC personnel who are directly involved with the DSPS
Student’s Signature Date
Printed Name Student ID
click to sign
click to edit