Application for Educational Assistance
Tuition Advance Policy
1. Financial support will be provided by means of a Tuition Advance for credit
courses at Western, ONLY if an initial course has been successfully completed in
accordance with the Educational Assistance Policy (except for UWOSA members
as per Article 22.08 in UWOSA Collective Agreement) and a copy of the invoice
for fees is included with the application.
2. Members of UWOSA who experience financial hardship as a result of the
requirement to pay tuition in advance may make application for an advance for
non-Western and non-credit courses.
3. You agree to provide evidence of successful completion of courses taken at
Western or otherwise, to Human Resources as soon as this evidence is available.
4. If the course(s) is/are dropped/withdrawn/failed, you should contact Human
Resources to arrange repayment of the money advanced to you. If your
employment is terminated prior to completion of the course, please contact
Human Resources (519-661-2194) to arrange the return of your Tuition Advance.
(Cheque should be made payable to Western University and sent to Human
Resources in SSB 4159).
5. You agree, as one of the conditions for receiving the Tuition Advance, that this
agreement constitutes your written authorization for the University to deduct
any such outstanding monies through payroll deduction (maximum $200 per
month) and/or from any monies owing to you upon termination of your
6. No further advances/reimbursements will be issued if there is any outstanding