Last updated: 14 June 2018
Aylesbury Vale District Council (AVDC) is the controller for the personal information we use about
you. We are committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. The law requires us
to give you a Privacy Notice which gives you details about how we use and protect your information.
Our contact details are:
The Gateway, Gatehouse Road, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP19 8FF. Telephone: 01296
Our Data Protection Officer is Mr Andy Barton. He can be contacted on
firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01296 585495.
What information do we have about you:
We can hold the following information:
• The address of the property on which you will like the clinical waste collection.
• The name and contact details of the person using the service.
• What type of clinical waste is generated at the household.
Why are we using your information?
We need your information so that we can:
• Provide a clinical waste collection which meets our customers needs.
• Administer the clinical waste collection.
• Contact you regarding the service.
We can use your information because:
• As your local authority we need it to collect waste as required by law.
We need to use special information relating to the clinical waste produced in your household which
may give health details (please see the Council’s main Privacy Notice for further information) and
we can use it because we need the information to collect waste as required by law.
If you do not give us your information it may affect how we make a decision on your clinical waste
This information is only used for the reasons above but if we need to use it for any other reason we
will normally tell you.
We may share your information with
We may share information provided with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering
public funds, and in relation to safeguarding purposes or in connection with the prevention of crime,
criminal or legal investigations or proceedings including fraud (and the National Fraud Initiative) or
Automated Decision Making
We do not carry out any automated decision making.