Address: City: State: Zip:
Phone Number: Email:
Permit time-frame: Start Date: End Date: If no end date, permit is valid for ten years
Latitude and Longitude of Placement- required:
IN CONSIDERATION of Waukesha County (which, in this waiver, includes the County, all of its employees, and all of its
boards, commissions, department and employees and members thereof) permitting me to place a geocache, I hereby agree to
the following conditions:
1. Abide by all Waukesha County ordinances (see www.waukeshacounty.gov/countycode).
2. Conform to the "Leave No Trace" outdoor ethics guidelines, that is, take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but
footprints. For more information on the principles of "Leave No Trace," visit www.lnt.org.
3. If you discover any illegal or hazardous materials in the cache, you must contact the Waukesha County Park System
Administration office immediately at (262) 548-7790.
4. When placing a physical or virtual cache, you must have prior have the permit number from this application and afix
the number to the cache itself in a permanent manner.
5. Geocaching is not allowed in State Natural Area (Muskego Park Hardwoods), or Sensitive Areas (those areas
Waukesha County Park System staff determined cannot tolerate human traffic or disturbance which includes portions
of the parks & greenways). A cache may be required to be moved if the Waukesha County Park System staff deems
that the cache area is being over-used, or that volunteer trails are developing, or the site is being developed. It will
also be removed if the staff determines that there is an unacceptable hazard to humans, an unacceptable level of
damage to the environment, or is not in compliance with policy. Staff will make a reasonable effort to notify you of a
removed cache. The removed cache will be stored for up to one week, and if not claimed, will be disposed of as
6. Cache may not physically change the character of the site, including but not limited to, disturbing/excavating soil,
cutting vegetation, moving logs, etc. You must use the natural terrain and site conditions to hide the cache.
7. Caches will not be allowed within the normal field of play at recreational facilities (i.e. sand beach areas, playgrounds,
multi-purpose sports fields, etc.). We also do not allow cache placement in golf courses, campgrounds, or dog
8. Caches may not be placed adjacent to birdhouses or bird nests. Federal law protects nesting birds and disturbing
their nest is a federal crime.
9. Caches will not be allowed on slopes greater than 5%. However, caches may be allowed on the area above the slope
or at the foot of the slope.
10. The following items are not permitted in a physical geocache: food of any kind, pocket knives or weapons of any kind,
illegal items such as drugs, materials restricted from minors, such as but not limited to, tobacco and alcohol.
11. The maximum capacity of any single physical geocache must not exceed one gallon.
12. All cache containers must be clearly labeled in large lettering with the word "Geocache" and the permit number on the
outside of the container.
By checking this box and submitting this form to Waukesha County, I certify that I agree to abide by the terms of this permit. I understand
that this permit may be revoked at the discretion of Waukesha County staff if my actions are inconsistent with the terms of this permit.